🏃♀️The TCS New York City Marathon is this Sunday! The course includes all five boroughs of New York City, starting on the Verrazano–Narrows Bridge on Staten Island and passing through Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, and the Bronx, before finishing in Central Park. 🏃♂️
Running in the Marathon, looking to get a good viewing spot, or have other plans? Here is everything transit-related you need to know for Sunday:
- 🗺The course includes all 5 boroughs, you can find the course map HERE.
- 🛑There will be many road closures throughout the day. For a complete list continue reading below. Please note that Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge will be closed to all traffic between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- 🚇There are no Marathon-related service changes for MTA Subway.
- 🚌Due to road closures, many MTA buses will be detoured and are skipping stops. As always, Moovit is updated! Use our trip planner for updated routes on Marathon day. Affected lines are: BX1, BX2, BX21, BX32, BX33, BXM2, BXM3, BXM4, BMX6, BMX7, BMX8, BMX9, BMX10, B1, B4, B9, B11, B16, B24, B25, B26, B32, B35, B37, B38, B41, B43, B44, B44-SBS, B45, B48, B52, B54, B57, B61, B62, B63, B64, B65, B67, B69, B70, B103, M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M7, M8, M10, M11, M12, M15, M20, M31, M34A-SBS, M60-SBS, M66, M72, M79-SBS, M86-SBS, M96, M101, M102, M104, M106, M116, M125, Q32, Q39, Q59, Q60, Q66, Q67, Q69, Q100 LTD, Q101, Q102, Q103, QM2, QM4, QM6, S40, S44, S46, S48, S61, S62, S51, S52, S53, S74, S76, S78, S79-SBS, SIM1C, SIM3C, SIM4C, SIM33C.
- 🎆On race day, runners traveling directly to Staten Island by ferry during the early morning hours can take the 1 subway to South Ferry, the downtown N to Whitehall St station, or the 4 to Bowling Green station, then walk to the Whitehall Ferry Terminal. Uptown N R riders traveling to South Ferry should transfer at Atlantic Av-Barclays Center for the 4 to Bowling Green station, then walk to the Whitehall Ferry Terminal. Shuttle buses will transport runners directly from the ferry terminal to School Road at Bay Street on Staten Island.
- 🌠NYC Transit will be running gap train service on the 1 line to assist with crowding at 72 St, 66 St, and 59 St stations in the vicinity of the finish line.
- ✅On Marathon day, please check Moovit’s real-time and service alerts for live updates.
User Moovit’s trip planner for accurate routes on Sunday. We are updated!
Good luck you all the runners!
The USA Moovit Team
NYC Marathon Road Closures
- Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge — Lower level, Staten Island-bound: 7am to 4pm
- Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge — Lower level, Brooklyn-bound: 7am to 4pm
- Fourth Avenue and 82nd Street: 6:45am to 1:15pm
- 74th Street, before Sixth Avenue: 6:45am to 1:15pm
- Fourth Avenue and 80th Street: 6:45am to 1:16pm
- Bay Ridge Parkway and Sixth Avenue: 6:45 a.m. to 1:16 p.m.
- Fourth Avenue and 63rd Street: 6:55am to 1:31pm
- Fourth Avenue and 43rd Street: 6:55am. to 1:47pm
- Fourth Avenue and 22nd Street: 6:55am to 2:03pm
- Fourth Avenue and 18th Street: 6:55am to 2:06pm
- Fourth Avenue and 3rd Street: 7:30am to 2:19pm
- Flatbush Avenue and Lafayette Avenue: 7:30am to 2:35pm
- Lafayette and Classon avenues: 7am to 2:51pm
- Bedford Avenue and Kosciuszko Street: 7:30am to 2:55pm
- Bedford Avenue between Wallabout Street and Lynch Street: 7:05am to 3:07pm
- Bedford Avenue and South Third Street: 7:05am to 3:23pm
- Manhattan Avenue past Bedford Avenue: 7:15am to 3:39pm
- Manhattan Avenue before Greenpoint Avenue: 7:15am to 3:45pm
- McGuinness Boulevard, approaching Pulaski Bridge: 7:15am to 3:55pm
- 10th Street and 44th Drive: 7:15am to 4:11pm
- Queensboro Bridge — Lower level, Queens side: 6:30am to 4:27pm
- Queensboro Bridge — Lower level, midspan: 6:30am to 4:35pm
- Queensboro Bridge — Lower level, Manhattan side: 6:30am to 4:43pm
- First Avenue and 77th Street: 7:30am to 4:59pm
- First Avenue and 97th Street: 7:30am to 5:15pm
- First Avenue between 109th and 110th Streets: 7:30 a.m. to 5:24 p.m.
- First Avenue and 117th Street: 7:30am to 5:31pm
- Willis Avenue Bridge: 7:30am to 5:47pm
- 135th Street just west of Willis Avenue: 7:30am to 5:47pm
- Madison Avenue Bridge: 7:30am to 6:03pm
- Madison Avenue Bridge and West 138th Street: 7:30am to 6:03pm
- Fifth Avenue and 125th Street: 8am to 6:14pm
- Mount Morris Parkway and 122nd Street: 8 a.m. to 6:19 p.m.
- Fifth Avenue and 103rd Street: 8am to 6:35pm
- Central Park East Drive and 68th Street: CLOSED
- Central Park East Drive and 65th Street: CLOSED
- Central Park South (59th Street from 5th Avenue to Columbus Circle: 8:30am to 6:45pm
- Central Park West Drive and 62nd Street: CLOSED