While most businesses and services remain open in Toronto, some are closed or observe irregular hours. Here’s a list of what’s open and closed on Armistice Day, November 11, 2019.
- All Toronto Public Library branches will be open
- Most grocery stores
- Schools will be open
- City services that regularly operate 24 hours a day/seven days a week (such as 311 and emergency services) will remain available
- LCBO Stores will open at noon.
- Most major shopping centres
- The TTC and GO Transit will be operating on a regular schedule but the TTC will bring all of its vehicles to a standstill for two minutes at 11 a.m. Current and former members of Canada’s military are also permitted to ride for free on Remembrance Day.
- Tourist attractions, such as the Toronto Zoo, the Royal Ontario Museum, and the CN Tower, will also remain open
- Banks will be closed
- Government offices will be closed
- There will be no mail delivery by Canada Post on Monday
For up to date TTC service alerts, click here!
You Ride. We Guide.