Adelaide Oval will yet again be home to both South Australian clubs for the 2023 Toyota AFL Premiership Season. As well as hosting both clubs home round, Adelaide Oval will also host six matches across the inaugural Gather Round…a Festival of Footy in Round Five from 13 – 16 April. Please visit the trip planner to plan your new trip, and check timetables, find trackwork updates, service disruptions and accessibility alerts
- Catch Footy Express (AO and AOX) services to and from your next Adelaide Oval match.
- The Adelaide Metro Footy Express services will run throughout the 2023 season, as well as regular Adelaide Metro public transport services.
- Footy Express (AO and AOX) and regular Adelaide Metro services are FREE all day with your valid match ticket.
- Traffic will be heavier than usual approaching the precinct, so allow extra travel time. Keep in mind that regular bus stops outside the stadium will be closed. Buses will be using different stops nearby the stadium, so follow the direction of staff and look out for signs.
Getting to the game:
AO and AOX services operate before each match to Adelaide Oval.
AO and AOX buses depart up to 45 minutes after the match from a dedicated interchange adjacent to Adelaide Oval.
AO and AOX Bus Routes:
|AO1: Adelaide Oval to Greenwith via O-Bahn||AOX15: Adelaide Oval to Elizabeth Shopping Centre via Main North Road|
|AO2: Adelaide Oval to St Agnes Depot Park ‘n’ Ride via O-Bahn||AO16: Adelaide Oval to Rosewater via Arndale Centre Interchange & Days Road|
|AO3: Adelaide Oval to Northgate Shopping Centre via Sudholz Road||AO17: Adelaide Oval to Semaphore via Port Road|
|AO4: Adelaide Oval to Hope Valley via Lower Northeast Road||AO18: Adelaide Oval to West Lakes Interchange via Grange Road|
|AO5: Adelaide Oval to Salisbury East via Bridge Road & Walkley’s Road||AO19: Adelaide Oval to Henley Beach via Henley Beach Road|
|AOX6: Adelaide Oval to Woodcroft Community Centre via Main South Road||AO20: Adelaide Oval to Blair Athol via Prospect Road|
|AOX7: Adelaide Oval to South Adelaide Football Club via Main South Road||AO21: Adelaide Oval to Aberfoyle Hub via Black Road & Goodwood Road|
|AO8: Adelaide oval to Hallett Cove Shops via Marion Centre Interchange||AO22: Adelaide Oval to Aberfoyle Hub via Happy Valley Drive & Goodwood Road|
|AOX9: Adelaide Oval to Mount Barker via Hahndorf & Bridgewater||AO23: Adelaide Oval to Morphettville Depot Park ‘n’ Ride|
|AO10: Adelaide Oval Aldgate via Stirling & Crafers||AO24: Adelaide Oval to Mitcham Square via Unley Road|
|AO11: Adelaide Oval to Newton via Magill Road||AO25: Adelaide Oval to Mitcham Square via Fullarton Road|
|AO12: Adelaide Oval to Newton via Payneham Road||AO26: Adelaide Oval to Glenelg Interchange via West Beach|
|AO13: Adelaide Oval to Burnside via Greenhill Road||AO29: Adelaide to Ingle Farm via Hampstead Road & Galway Avenue|
|AO14: Adelaide Oval to Rosslyn Park via The Parade||AO31: Adelaide Oval to Morphettville Depot Park ‘n’ Ride via Brighton Road & Anzac Highway|
|AO15: Adelaide Oval to Mawson Interchange via Main North Road|
Additional trains will operate before and after matches at Adelaide Oval.
- Outer Harbor and Grange
- Seaford and Flinders
- The Festival line from Glenelg to Adelaide Oval arrives at and departs from the Festival Plaza tram stop on King William Road, a short walking distance to Adelaide Oval.
- The Glenelg and Botanic lines arrive at and depart from the front of the Adelaide Railway Station on North Terrace. Walk through the Railway Station and across the Riverbank Bridge to Adelaide Oval.
Check the digital display on the front of the tram before you board to avoid travelling in the wrong direction or getting on the wrong tram.
Bus Stop Closures
The following information will differ for each Gather Round match at Adelaide Oval:
Stop 2 Montefiore Road inbound will be relocated just south of War Memorial Drive on the Morphett Street Bridge.
- Stop A2 and A3 King William Road
- Stop 1 King William Road (east and west side)
- Stop 1 Sir Edwin Smith Avenue (north side)
- Z1 and Z2 King William Street
- Buses will drop off at Stop Y2 King William Street
Source: Adelaide Metro