Greater Manchester Bus Diversions
- Major roadworks are taking place on Great Ancoats Street until the end of 2020. In addition, Hilton Street will be closed between Newton Street and Lever Street and Stevenson Square between Lever Street and Oldham Street. This will affect the following services: 74, 76, 76a, 83, 84, 181, 182, 216, 230 and 231. Click here for more information.
- Major roadworks are taking place on Hyde Road with a lane closure (outbound) between Thornwood Avenue and Far Lane until November 2020. The following services are affected: 7, 150, 201, 202, 203, 205, 705, 707. Click here for more information.
- Manchester City Council are carrying out resurfacing works on Ashton Old Road from Monday 21 to Sunday 27 September between Pin Mill Brow/Fairfield Street and Viaduct Street (Eastbound only, away from Manchester towards Ashton-Under-Lyne). This will affect the outbound 219 and 220 services which will divert via Hyde Road – rejoining Ashton Old Road from Pottery Lane.
- There is a one way closure of Blackfriars Street between Chapel Street and Deansgate (in that direction) from 3.30pm each day for a duration expected to be 18 months. This is affecting the following services: 8, 10, 27, 67, 67A, 93, 97, 98 100, X41, X43.
- There is a lane closure in place along the A666 Bolton Road until Friday 9 October. These lane closures will be in place from 7:30am to 9:30am and 3:30pm to 5:30pm.
- Madames Wood Road will be closed between its junctions with Hilton Lane and Longshaw Drive from Wednesday 7 to Wednesday 28 October. This closure will be in place on weekdays only from 9.30am to 3.30pm and will affect the 36 service.
- Both the Northbound entry slip road from Wythenshawe Road to Princess Parkway and the Northbound Bus Lane under the M60 motorway will be closed overnight from Wednesday 7 to Friday 9 October. This closure will again take place from 9pm to 5am each night and will affect the 101 and 103 services.
- Hankinson Way will have a one way road closure (Southbound) from Rossall Way to Churchill Way from Monday 5 to Friday 9 October. This will affect the following services: 8, 10, 27, 29, 34, 34A, 36, 37, 38, 50, 52, 53, 67, 73, 74, 75, 79, 95, 100
- Ashton Old Road is closed between Viaduct Street and Rylance Street until Friday 9 October which is affecting the 219, 220 and 221 services.
- Fitzwarren Street will be closed between Heywood Way and Liverpool Street on Sunday 11 October which will affect the 27, 29, 50 and 70 services.
- Rishton Road is closed until Friday 9 October which is affecting the 571, 572 and 912 services.
- Streetbridge Road, Royton, is closed until approximately early September 2020. During this time, the 412, 795, 831 and 832 services will be affected as well as bus stops ED0380, ED0250, ED0248, ED0249, ED0247, ED0246, ED0245, ED0244, ED0243, ED0242, ED0241.
- Chadderton Park Road is closed until Monday 19 October. This will affect the 419 service.
- Milnrow Road will be closed between Beale Lane and Edmund Street from Monday 12 to Friday 16 October. This will affect the 57, 181, 182 and 408 services.
- Ashton Road West (in Failsworth) will be closed from Friday 16 to Sunday 25 October which will affect the 52, 151 and 159 services.
- Lane closures and bus stand upgrades are taking place at Pendleton Shopping Centre, along Hankinson Way. This scheme is expected to last until late 2020. Bus stops A, B, C, D, H, J, K and L are affected. The 10, 27, 29, 34, 34A, 37, 38, 50, 52, 53, 67, 70, 73, 74, 75, 79, 95 and 100 services are affected.
- The Crescent will be closed for 9 successive nights from Thursday 1 to Satruday 10 October. This closure will be in place from 8pm to 5.30am each night and will affect the following services: 8, 34, 34A, 36, 37, 38, 50, 67, 67A, 100, V1 and V2.
- Bus stop EH 0154 at Tameside Hospital is closed until further notice. Passengers for the 231 and 350 should use the stop on Fountain Street instead.
- Henrietta Street is closed until further notice due to emergency works taking place which is affecting the following services: 231, 237, 337, 346, 348, 350, 356 and 389.
- Katherine Street will be closed overnight from Friday 9 to Friday 16 October. This closure will take place from 8pm to 6am each night and will affect the following services: 41A, 216, 216N, 291, 219N, 330, 335 and 347.
- Barrington Road closed at junction of Gaskill Road and Sandiway Road on Monday 15 June for up to 18 months. The following services will be affected: 19, CAT5/5A, 245, 247, 263 and 281.
- Cross Street will be closed overnight between junction of Ashfield Road and School Road from Thursday 22 to Tuesday 27 October. This closure will take place from 8pm to 6am each night and will affect the 245 and 263 services.
- Mossley Common Road will be closed between Bankfield Road and St Johns Road from Sunday 11 to Tuesday 13 October which will affect the 132 and 695 services.
Merseyside Bus Diversions
- Acre Lane (Bromborough) – Routes 38, 38A and 38B are affected – Acre Lane will be closed, between Dawpool Drive and Ashfield Crescent, from Monday 4 May 2020 until further notice.
- Balliol Road Eastbound only (Bootle) – Routes 62, 81, 81A and 881 are affected: On 12th October, Balliol Road (Eastbound Only) will be closed from the junction with University Road to facilitate sewer works. The closure is expected to be in place for 10 days.
- Burtonhead Road (St Helens) – Route 12 is affected – Burtonhead Road will be closed (northbound), between Milverny Way and the Recycling Centre, from Monday 4 May 2020 until further notice.
- Edge Lane (Wavertree) – Route 7 is affected – Edge Lane will be closed (outbound only), from Holt Road to St Oswalds Street, Wednesday 30 September 2020 for approximately 18 nights, from 2000 to 0600 each night.
- Kingsley Road (Liverpool) – Route 204 is affected – From Monday 17 August 2020 Kingsley Road will be closed from the junction of Upper Parliament Street to the junction of Princes Avenue in a southbound direction only. The closure is expected to be in place until Spring 2021.
- Queens Road (Southport) – Route 714 is affected – Due to issues with the left turn on Queens Road, route 714 will be diverted until further notice.
- Port Causeway (Bromborough) – Routes 41 and 42 are affected: Port Causeway will be closed, between New Chester Road and Dock Road South, from Sunday 11 October 2020 for approximately 8 nights, from 1900 until midnight each night.
- Prescot Bus Station (Prescot) – Routes 10, 61, 89, 99, 239, 248 and C50 are affected – Prescot Bus Station will be closed from Monday 28 September 2020 for approximately 4 weeks.
- Roby Road (Roby) – Routes 3A and 61 are affected: Roby Road will be closed at the junction of the M62 Junction 1 and Court Hey Road for essential junction improvement works from Monday 12 October for 4 nights between 1900 and 0100 each evening.
- Tower Wharf (Birkenhead) – Routes 409, 411 and 811 are affected – Tower Wharf will be closed, at Tower Road, from Monday 8 June 2020 until approximately February 2021.
- Town Lane (Kew) – Route 300 is affected – Town Lane will be closed, between Birkdale Cop and Wight Moss Way, from Monday 8 June until approximately December 2021.
- Waddicar Lane (Waddicar) – Routes 36, 345, 722, 727 and 728 are affected – Waddicar Lane will be closed, between Station Road and Rainbow Drive, from Monday 17 August 2020 for approximately 10 weeks.
- Walton Lane (Walton) – Routes 17, 19, 26, 27 and X3 are affected – Walton Lane will be closed from the junction of St Domingo Road to the junction of Spellow Lane between 1900 and 0600 from Monday 28 September until Sunday 04 October 2020.
- Woolton Road (Allerton) – Routes 188 and 661 are affected – Woolton Road will be closed (southbound only), from Hillfoot Avenue to Allerton Road, from Thursday 1 October 2020 for approximately 6 weeks.