- the new suburb of Riverlea Park, to be connected with Virginia, Salisbury and Elizabeth via new bus routes 402 and 450 (replacing bus route 900).
- Lightsview with bus route 206 to be upgraded to ‘Go Zone’ frequency.
- Croydon Park and Dudley Park with modified bus routes 230 and 232 returned via Days Road, Pym Street and Harrison Road.
- Glenalta, Blackwood, Hawthorndene and Belair to receive more frequent trips to the City on weekends via bus routes 195 and 196.
- Salisbury, Parafield Gardens, Paralowie and Mawson Lakes to receive timing changes to bus route 411 for better connectivity with rail services.
Routes 195 and 196
Bus routes 195 and 196 will be upgraded on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays from every 4 hours to every 2 hours.Shared route sections along Belair Road will provide a trip every hour on weekends instead of 2-hourly.
The 206 bus will be upgraded to ‘Go Zone’ frequency between stop 18 Galway Avenue and stop 26 Folland Avenue, Northgate. This extends the current ‘Go Zone’ operating from the City.Buses will run every 15 minutes between 7:30 am and 6:30 pm on weekdays and every 30 minutes at night and on weekends.
The 230 bus route will be modified to operate via Torrens Road, Days Road and Regency Road to restore bus services impacted by the South Road upgrade in the inner northern suburbs of Croydon Park.
The 232 bus route will be modified to support the local community with shorter walking distances to services and restore bus services to Renown Park, Dudley Park and Devon Park due to the South Road upgrade.This route will operate via Torrens Road, Harrison Road, Pym Street, Oldsmobile Terrace, Stacey Street, Pedder Crescent and Regency Road.
The 402 bus route will replace route 900 between Salisbury and Virginia and extend to the new suburb of Riverlea Park.This route will operate from Salisbury Interchange and Salisbury Centre via Waterloo Corner Road, Port Wakefield Road, Old Port Wakefield Road, Angle Vale Road to Riverlea Boulevard.The 402 bus service will run three services in the AM peak toward Salisbury and three services in the PM peak toward Riverlea Park.
Bus route 411 will receive minor timing changes to provide better connections between bus and Gawler rail services at Mawson Interchange and Salisbury Interchange.
The 450 bus route will replace route 900 between Elizabeth and Virginia and extend to the new suburb of Riverlea Park.This route will operate from Elizabeth Interchange and Elizabeth City Centre via Winterslow Road, Peachey Road, Womma Road, Penfield Road, Angle Vale Road to Riverlea Boulevard.The 450 bus will run approximately hourly between 6:30am and 3pm from Riverlea Park to Elizabeth, and hourly between 10:15am and 7:15pm from Elizabeth to Riverlea Park.
Source: Adelaide Metro