In accordance with the government announcement, starting Thursday, 26/03/2020, public transportation will be significantly reduced until further notice. Moovit is updated with the latest changes released by the Ministry of Transportation.
- Israel Railways will not be operating until further notice
- Buses will operate on a reduced schedule (75% reduction)
- During weekdays, buses will operate until 20:00 and will return to regular service at 05:00 the following day according to the first departure times
- During weekends, starting Thursdays from 20:00 until 05:00 on Sundays, buses will not operate at all
- Front rows in buses will be taped off to prevent passengers occupying the seats, and standing in intercity buses will be prohibited
Service Taxis (Moniot Sherut) and Jerusalem’s Light Rail will continue operating on weekdays until 20:00 and will return to regular service at 05:00 the following day according to the first departure times.
Carpool services will not be available in Moovit in accordance with government guidelines.
Cash Payment are prohibited starting March 17th in all public transportation. Payment will be accepted by ‘Rav Kav’ card only, and charging the card will be available at charging stations. Locations of ‘Rav Kav’ charging stations can be found on the ‘Stations’ tab in Moovit:
We consider the health of our user community and all public transportation users as a top priority. Follow the guidelines of the Ministries of Health and Transportation for your own health and safety as well as that of those around you.
Safe travels from all of us here at Moovit!