MTA Essential Service during the COVID-19 pandemic so we can get health-care workers, first responders, and other essential personnel where they need to go. MTA is running as much service as we can with the crews who are healthy and available to work, but service on many lines is limited
MTA Subway and Bus Updates:
- There is no subway service from 1 a.m. to 5 a.m. while the MTA disinfect trains and stations. The Staten Island Railway will continue running during this time.
- MTA will be running an enhanced bus service between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. to help get essential workers where they need to go. If bus service is not an option, essential workers can use our Essential Connector program
- See options for overnight travel
- To see more information about both the subway and bus service, see the agency link found HERE
MTA Long Island Railroad Updates:
- MTA will run half-hourly or hourly service on most branches, with strategically added trains during peak travel times. For more info. see the link found HERE
MTA Metro-North Railroad Updates:
- Metro-North is operating on an hourly schedule on the Hudson, Harlem and New Haven Lines, on weekdays and weekends. See railroad schedules
NJ Transit Updates
NJ Transit Train Updates:
- NJ TRANSIT rail service is adjusting weekend schedules. Please visit the NJ TRANSIT website for the updated schedules.
NJ Transit Bus Updates:
- NJ TRANSIT bus service is running on a reduced schedule service while extra service has been added for certain trips. Please visit the NJ TRANSIT website for the updated schedules.
NJ Transit Light Rail Updates:
- NJ Transit light rail service is running on a reduced service schedule.
- Hudson-Bergen Light Rail service is operating on a weekend schedule.
- Newark Light Rail Mainline service is operating every 10 minutes from 6:00 AM until 8:00 PM weekdays. After 8:00 PM, Mainline trains will return to their regular level of service.
- River LINE service is operating on a Sunday/Holiday schedule.
- Please visit the NJ TRANSIT website for the updated schedules.
Nice Bus Updates
- NICE fixed-route bus service is back to regular weekday schedules!. Please visit the agency website for info. on schedules HERE
- Passengers are REQUIRED to wear a face mask or face covering while on the bus for the safety of other riders and operators. Any passenger not wearing a mask may be refused service.