February 15, 2019
What is President’s Day?
Monday, February 18th is a national US holiday. Presidents’ Day officially honors the life and work of George Washington. Although, nowadays, it also celebrates all of the preceding presidents who have governed in the United States.
Washington, DC-Baltimore Metro Area
High occupancy vehicle restrictions are lifted in Hampton Roads and Northern Virginia on Monday.
WMATA Metrorail and Metrobus
- Operate from 5 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Presidents Day.
- Metrorail will operate on a Saturday schedule, and Metrobus will operate on a Saturday and supplemental schedule.
- Trains will operate the R schedule on the Penn and Camden Lines only; there will be no Brunswick Line service.
Virginia Railway Express
- VRE will not operate on Presidents Day.
The Alexandria Transit Company (DASH)
- Bus service will operate on a Saturday schedule.
- The free King Street Trolley will operate on its regular schedule.
- The Trolley and certain DASH routes around City Hall and lower King Street will be modified.
- Routes 41, 42, 43, 45, 51, 55, 77 and 87 will operate on Saturday schedules. All other ART routes will not operate.
- Buses will operate on holiday weekday service.
Loudoun County Transit
- Bus services operate a significantly reduced schedule on Presidents Day.
- There will be no Premium Commuter Bus and no Metro Connection Bus Services except for routes 72, 84 and 985.
Howard County’s Regional Transportation Agency
- Buses will operate on a regular weekday schedule.
Montgomery County’s Ride On
- Buses will run a modified holiday schedule. The TRiPS Commuter Store in Silver Spring and Friendship Heights will close.
- Buses will not operate on Presidents Day.
Prince George’s County
- TheBus will operate on a regular service schedule except for Route 51.
- Call-A-Bus will resume on Feb. 19.