Welcome to Israel 🇮🇱
Moovit wishes you a pleasant stay, and to help make sure that happens, we’re here for all your travel needs. Getting from point A to B is as simple as a few taps on your phone.
You ride, we guide. 🚍
Europe’s biggest song contest: Events Schedule
All concerts will be held at Expo Tel Aviv (International Convention Center)
First Semi-Final: Tuesday, 14 May, 2019 @ 21:00 CEST
Second Semi-Final: Thursday, 16 May, 2019 @ 21:00 CEST
Grand Final: Saturday, 18 May, 2019, @ 21:00 CEST
For easy step-by-step directions to the concerts
If you are using the Moovit app, simply search: ‘Expo Tel Aviv’ in Moovit’s Directions tab
If you are using Moovit on your web browser, click here
Helpful tips for using public transportation in Israel
- Buses in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem do not take cash payments. Passengers must pay with a transit card.
- The local transit card is called a “Rav-Kav”. A Rav Kav can be purchased at major transit stations as well as some Rav Kav centers around the city. You can see Rav Kav charging stations around you on the Stations tab in Moovit (see screenshot below). You can also purchase a one-time Rav Kav on Dan buses in Tel Aviv for an increased price.
- ***Free unloaded transit cards will be available for tourists (more info below).
Boarding & Alighting 🚌
- If there is a group of stations, you can double check you are the correct station by comparing the station number of that stop to the station number in Moovit.
- As the bus approaches, give a little wave to let the driver know you are waiting.
- Before arriving at your destination, make sure to press one of the STOP buttons on the bus to ensure the driver knows to stop. Don’t forget to use Moovit’s live directions. We’ll alert you when to get off!
Intercity Travel 🚆
- Always double check which train you are getting on. Delays can cause a change in the order of trains coming into the station. The line name (final destination) is displayed on the train. Compare to the line name in your suggested route from Moovit.
- If you are traveling with bags, most intercity buses allow you to put your bags below the bus. Just make sure to remind the driver to open when you alight!
If you are not sure about something, don’t be afraid to ask the people around you!
Public Transportation News
Free transit cards will be available to visitors in many places across Tel Aviv, including 14 tourist information centers around the city. Stop by to receive your transit card and top up on site. You can see more information about the location and hours of tourist information centers here
Keep an eye out 👀
We’ll use this space to update you about any major public transportation changes or issues.