Happy Fourth of July!
Moovit is wishing you a very happy and relaxing holiday weekend! 🎉🏖️
SF Bay Area Updates:
- Muni will run on a Sunday schedule on July 4, Independence Day.
- The following bus routes will not run:
NX, 1AX, 1BX, 5R, 8AX, 8BX, 9R, 14X, 28R, 30X, 31AX, 31BX, 38AX, 38BX, 41, 81X, 82X, 83X, 88, 714.
- The 76X Marin Headlands Express will run.
- Supplemental school-day service will not run.
- All other bus routes and rail lines will use the Sunday schedule. The Muni Metro will open at 8 a.m. instead of 5 a.m.
- Extra Service
- If you plan on attending the Thursday, July 4th firework show on the waterfront in San Francisco, BART is a great way to get there and get home. BART will be running on a Sunday schedule (opening at 8am and providing a three route service unlike the five we run on Saturday) but with longer trains and some extra event trains that evening. On July 5, some commute trains will be cancelled due to expected low ridership.
- If you’re spending the holiday at the Alameda County Fair, please note there is no bus shuttle on July 4th between the Dublin/Pleasanton BART Station and the fairgrounds.
- Bus and Light Rail service will operate on a Sunday/Holiday Schedule. If your route does not normally operate on Sunday’s it will not be in service
- reroutes and special service
Caltrain & SamTrans :
- Caltrain will operate a holiday schedule in addition to extra post-event late night southbound service following the July 4th fireworks show. Post-event trains will make all local weekend stops from San Francisco to San Jose. Folks planning to attend the festivities in San Francisco can ride Caltrain to the San Francisco Station and connect to Muni for service to the waterfront. The last train departs San Francisco station at 12:05 a.m.
- SamTrans will operate a regular Sunday schedule.
- Caltrain and SamTrans will operate a regular weekday schedule on Friday, July 5.