July 31-August 1, 7-8, & 14-15: No Weekend Train Service Between Floral Park & Hempstead
Hempstead Branch Service Change
There will be no Hempstead Branch service east of Floral Park for four weekends this summer — July 24-25, July 31-August 1, August 7-8, and August 14-15 — as LIRR forces install a new interlocking east of Floral Park Station as part of the LIRR Expansion Project. All trains will bypass Bellerose.
Service Change Overview
- Trains will operate between Atlantic Terminal and Mineola, making stops at Atlantic Terminal, Nostrand Avenue, East New York, Jamaica, Hollis, Queens Village, Floral Park, and Mineola.
- At Bellerose Station, westbound customers will board shuttle buses departing up to 30 minutes earlier than usual train times to Queens Village, and connect with train service to points west. Eastbound customers will exit at Queens Village and transfer to shuttle bus service to Bellerose.
- At Stewart Manor, Nassau Boulevard, Garden City, Country Life Press, and Hempstead, westbound customers will board shuttle buses departing up to 40 minutes earlier than usual train times to Mineola, and connect with train service to points west. Eastbound customers will exit at Mineola and transfer to shuttle buses to their station. Country Life Press customers will be accommodated by van.
- At Floral Park, all westbound trains will depart from Track M3.
- The following Friday night westbound trains will operate on revised schedules:
- The 10:16 p.m. train from Hempstead to Atlantic Terminal will depart 25 minutes later than usual, at 10:41 p.m.
- The 11:19 p.m. train from Hempstead to Atlantic Terminal will depart 20 minutes later than usual, at 11:39 p.m.