What is Labor Day?
Labor Day is a public holiday in the United States and Canada celebrated on the first Monday in September. It honors labor movements and the contributions that workers have made to the strength, prosperity, laws, and well-being of the country. It is the Monday of the long weekend known as Labor Day Weekend and it is considered the unofficial end of summer. It is recognized as a federal holiday.
Monday, September 2nd, 2019
How will this impact transit?
- Agencies may operate on a Sunday schedule.
- Service may be decreased so plan ahead.
- Traffic will be heavy, leave your car at home and take public transit!
How can Moovit help you?
- Service changes have been implemented in the app so that you have the latest info in the palm of your hand.
- Trying to reduce your footprint? Check out Moovit’s Go Green trip plan section to get from A to B on shared bikes or your own.
- Always check service alerts found in the Alerts tab, to make sure you have the latest information.
- Make sure to check for changes to schedules before getting on-board.
Learn more about checking Alerts in Moovit in Moovit’s Help Center or in Moovit’s Blog.