Moovit would like to wish you a Happy Labor Day ⚒️ ✨
Don’t forget to check schedules, Real Time (if available) and Service Alerts in the app
to stay on top of changes to your lines while traveling on Labor Day and Labor Day Weekend.
😷 Covid Related Updates HERE 😷
IMPORTANT‼️ Front-door boarding and fare collection resumed on local buses on August 31
🗓️ Daytime Off-Peak schedule for Weekdays, Aug. 31 – Sept. 25,2020 HERE
- Wassaic Branch: No Weekend Train or Bus Service, Effective Saturday, March 28
- Manitou Station Temporarily Closed Until Further Notice
- Substitute Busing for Newburgh-Beacon & Haverstraw-Ossining Ferry Customers Discontinued, Effective Monday, May 4
- Cold Spring Station Elevator to Northbound Platform, Track 1 Closed through 3Q 2020
- Breakneck Ridge Station Temporarily Closed Until Further Notice
New Haven Line:
- Larchmont Station – Chatsworth Avenue Stairway Closure, Effective Tuesday, May 26 through 4Q 2020
- Waterbury Branch Substitute Busing in Effect Starting Monday, April 6, Until Further Notice
Labor Day Weekend: Essential Service in Effect; Customers Required to Cover Nose & Mouth
On Friday, September 4, LIRR trains will operate on the current Essential weekday schedule.
On Labor Day weekend, Saturday, September 5, Sunday, September 6 and Monday, September 7, LIRR trains will run on the Essential weekend schedule for Essential & Phase 1/2/3/4 workers only.
On the Port Washington Branch, buses are replacing overnight and early morning trains between Woodside and Flushing Main Street from 1 AM until 8 AM on Saturday, Sunday AND Monday.
Notice from LIRR: “We know that Labor Day is traditionally a big beach day, but we’re asking that you plan alternate travel & check w/ municipalities for rules & restrictions if you’re thinking about visiting local beaches this weekend.”
Off-peak fares remain in effect on all trains. Please buy tickets before boarding. To minimize contact with crewmembers, use MTA eTix on smartphones and activate eTix just before boarding. Ticket machines are available for cash & credit card purchases.
🗓️ Port Washington Branch Customers: Buses Substitute for Weekend Trains Between Woodside and Flushing (Overnight thru Morning) September 5-7
- Trains Will Operate Between Port Washington and Flushing-Main Street Only
- On the weekends of August 15-16, 22-23, 29-30, train service between Flushing-Main Street and Woodside will be suspended from approximately
1 AM through 8 AM on Saturdays as well as Sundays as concrete tie installation work is performed. This change will also be in effect on the weekend of September 5-6 as well as on Monday, September 7, Labor Day.
- During this time, all Port Washington Branch trains will terminate/originate at Flushing-Main Street Station. Free LIRR shuttle buses will transport customers between Flushing-Main Street and Woodside Station. Customers can board non-Port Washington Branch trains for service between Woodside Station and Penn Station. Please allow for an additional 40 minutes of travel time.
- Please be advised that masks are required at LIRR stations and for all those riding our trains. While onboard, masks/face coverings must remain on for the duration of your travel – this includes when traveling on LIRR shuttle buses.
More info HERE
🚐 Access-A-Ride is not scheduling shared rides. (You can still travel with a personal care attendant or guest.) Don’t forget to wear your face covering. You’ll be helping protect yourself, your family, and other New Yorkers.
Have a great weekend,
The Moovit Team