MTA Subway has returned to 24 HR service!
Plan your next trip with Moovit
May 8-9, 15-16, 22-23: Supplemental Seasonal Service Begins
On the weekends of May 8-9, 15-16 and 22-23, the LIRR will increase service on the Montauk Branch and on the Ronkonkoma Branch (between Ronkonkoma and Greenport) as the summer travel season gets underway. This additional service will be published in the LIRR TrainTime app, and will be included in the summer pdf timetables scheduled to begin on Monday, June 14.
The LIRR will add one eastbound and one westbound train for Montauk Branch customers. The eastbound train will depart Jamaica Station at 7:00 AM and operate express to Babylon, then Bay Shore, Sayville, all local stops to Montauk. The westbound train will depart Montauk at 11:30 AM, making local stops through Speonk, then run express to Jamaica. Departure/arrival times for these additional trains can be found here.
The LIRR will add two eastbound and two westbound seasonal trains for customers traveling between Ronkonkoma and Greenport. Departure/arrival times for these additional trains can be found here.
Saturdays, May 15 & 22: Westbound Trains Bypass Little Neck, Douglaston, Auburndale, Broadway & Murray Hill
On two consecutive Saturdays – May 15 and May 22 – westbound trains on the Port Washington Branch will run express between Great Neck, Bayside and Flushing-Main Street, skipping Little Neck, Douglaston, Auburndale, Broadway and Murray Hill stations as LIRR forces perform concrete tie installation work.
Customers at affected stations can take buses to nearby stations where train service will be available. Buses will depart up to 40 minutes earlier than usual train times.
- Little Neck & Douglaston customers: Board buses to Bayside, transfer to connecting train service.
- Auburndale, Broadway & Murray Hill customers: Board buses to Flushing-Main Street, transfer to connecting train service.
- Eastbound trains are not affected and will make all local stops.
- All trains will stop at Mets-Willets Point for those traveling to receive COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Customers at Port Washington, Plandome and Manhasset planning on intra-branch travel can exit at Great Neck Station and take NICE Bus 20G, which runs along Northern Boulevard to Flushing. In addition, MTA Bus Q12 runs along Northern Boulevard between Little Neck and Flushing. Both bus routes have stops in relative proximity to LIRR train stations along the branch.
May 15-16 & 22-23: Buses Replace Trains between Far Rockaway & Valley Stream
Special timetables will be in effect on all branches on the weekends of May 15-16 and May 22-23, 2021, as LIRR forces perform switch installation work near Valley Interlocking in Valley Stream. Most impacts will be experienced by customers on the Far Rockaway Branch, where buses will substitute for trains between Far Rockaway and Valley Stream. To avoid busing, customers are advised to use the Long Beach Branch on these two consecutive weekends. A summary of branch-specific changes and a map of the work zone appear below:
Far Rockaway Branch
Westbound: Customers at stations Far Rockaway thru Gibson will board buses or vans, then transfer to westbound trains at Valley Stream Station. Buses will depart up to 30 minutes earlier than usual train times.
Eastbound: Board Long Beach-bound trains to Valley Stream and exit for bus service to stations Gibson thru Far Rockaway. Please plan for up to 30 minutes of additional travel time. During the overnight periods, some buses will run between Far Rockaway and Jamaica. These buses will stop at Rosedale, Laurelton, and Locust Manor.
Overnights (both directions): During the overnight periods, some buses will run between Far Rockaway and Jamaica.
Long Beach Branch
Westbound: A special weekend timetable will be in effect. Trains will depart up to 20 minutes earlier than usual train times.
Eastbound & Westbound: All Long Beach Branch trains will stop at Valley Stream, Rosedale, Laurelton, and Locust Manor. (There are some exceptions during the overnight periods – see
the Far Rockaway Branch special timetable for details.)
West Hempstead Branch
Eastbound & Westbound: Trains will originate and terminate at Jamaica Station, and run express between Jamaica and Westwood Station (no stops at Valley Stream).
St. Albans Station
Buses will replace trains at St. Albans Station on the weekends of May 15-16 and May 22-23. The substitute buses will provide connecting service to/from Lynbrook Station, where train service will be available.
For details on how this may affect your commute, see below. Customers may also wish to consider traveling from the nearby Locust Manor Station, where train service to/from Jamaica will be available.
From St. Albans to Jamaica and Penn Station: Board buses to Lynbrook and transfer to train service for points west. Buses will depart at 10:15PM (Friday), 6:55AM, 9:00AM, 10:55AM, 12:55PM, 2:55PM, 4:55PM, 6:55PM, 8:55PM, 10:00PM, and 10:55PM.
From the Babylon Branch to St Albans: Board a train to Lynbrook and transfer at Lynbrook for bus service to St. Albans. Buses will connect to the following departures from Babylon: 10:16PM (Friday), 7:52AM, 9:53AM, 11:53AM, 1:53PM, 3:53PM, 5:53PM, 8:20PM, 10:00PM, and 10:53PM.
From NYC to St. Albans: Board a Babylon-bound train, exit at Lynbrook and transfer there for bus service to St. Albans. Buses will connect to the following departures from Penn Station: 11:08PM (Friday), 6:45AM (to Long Beach), 9:21AM, 11:21AM, 1:21PM, 3:21PM, 5:21PM, 7:21PM, 9:29PM, and 10:21PM.
From St. Albans to the Babylon Branch: Board buses to Lynbrook and transfer to train service for points east. Buses will depart at 11:18PM (Friday), 7:25AM, 9:25AM, 11:25AM, 1:25PM, 3:25PM, 5:25PM, 7:25PM, 9:35PM, and 10:25PM.
Visit here to view the West Hempstead Branch Special Trackwork Timetable, Effective May 15-16 & 22-23. 2021.
- Some service changes will begin at approximately 10 PM on Friday night and continue through 12:01 AM on Monday morning.
- Visit mta.info for updates and view timetables online here. Printed timetables will not be distributed.
- Parking permit restrictions/fees are waived at many stations on weekends. Visit here to learn more.
- Customers are required to wear masks on LIRR trains and property, regardless of vaccination status, and regardless of social distancing. While onboard, masks must remain on for the duration of your travel, including while on buses.