Click on an agency to jump to their updates:
⚬ LA Metro ⚬ Anaheim Resort Transportation ⚬ Antelope Valley Transit Authority (AVTA) ⚬ Arcadia Transit ⚬ Beach Cities Transit ⚬ Big Blue Bus ⚬ Burbank Bus ⚬ Camarillo Area Transit ⚬ Carson Circuit ⚬ City of Commerce Municipal Bus Lines ⚬ Culver City Bus ⚬ Foothill Transit ⚬ Gold Coast Transit ⚬ GTrans ⚬ LADOT ⚬ LAX FlyAway ⚬ Long Beach Transit ⚬ Metrolink Trains ⚬ Montebello Bus Lines ⚬ Moorpark City Transit ⚬ Norwalk Transit ⚬ Pasadena Transit ⚬ Omnitrans ⚬ Orange County Transportation Agency (OCTA) ⚬ Riverside Transit Agency (RTA) ⚬ Santa Clarita Transit ⚬ Simi Valley Transit ⚬ Spirit Bus ⚬ Thousand Oaks Transit ⚬ Torrance Transit ⚬ Ventura County Transportation Commission
Anaheim Resort Transportation:
In efforts to comply with Center for Desease Control (CDC) and State of California guidelines, Anaheim Transportation Network is operating a network of fixed and deviated on-demand routes to serve our community.
Antelope Valley Transit Authority (AVTA)
All local transit routes will change to a Saturday schedule for all days throughout the week, Monday through Sunday. View the Local Special Schedule here.
Route 8 will continue to run Monday through Friday, serving the two Antelope Valley College Campuses. View the Local Special Schedule here
Commuter service will also be temporarily reduced on April 26, 2021. AVTA will continue to run 11 commuter routes for Routes 785, 786, and 787, Monday through Friday. View the Commuter Special Schedule here
Arcadia Transit Fixed-Route provides general public transit service on three bus lines – Green, Blue, and Red.
Beach Cities Transit
Effective November 16, 2020 BCT buses will run on Modified Service #2 Schedule until further notice.
Effective March 29, 2021, Beach Cities Transit (BCT) will resume operation of bus tripper service during RBUSD on-campus school days. The BCT Line 102 revised schedule is based on the RBUSD school schedules for the remainder of the 2020-21 year. BCT Line 102 additional on-campus school day services will operate before and after school until June 10, 2021 pending school schedule. Please refer to the general schedule for all trips. Click here for the schedule.
- Rear door
- Front door boarding available upon request only
- Face covers are required
BCT and WAVE fares are free.
Big Blue Bus:
Beginning Sunday, April 11, minor schedule adjustments will be implemented to help keep service on time on routes 2, 7, and Rapid 7.
Face coverings required on Big Blue Bus. Read more.
Effective Monday, April 13, 2020, BurbankBus will be implementing a service reduction for all routes until further notice:
- The NoHo-Media District Route will offer service every 30 minutes from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- The NoHo-Airport Route will offer service every 30 minutes from 6:00 a.m. to 8:37 p.m.
- The Pink Route will operate on a regular schedule, but hours will be shortened to 6:30 a.m. to 8:38 p.m.
Camarillo Area Transit:
- Regular transit services and Camarillo Trolley have resumed
- Effective January 1, 2021 transit fares will be temporarily suspended and service will be provided for free. Read more.
Carson Circuit bus service is suspended. Read more.
City of Commerce Municipal Bus Lines:
Due to COVID-19, City transit buses will run on a modified Saturday schedule until further notice.
In summary, the City’s transit system will temporarily consist of the following:
- Citadel Express Route (600) (City of Commerce / Downtown LA Area) – Monday through Sunday – Temporarily on a Modified Schedule
- Green (100), Red (400) and Blue (500) Routes – Monday through Saturday
- Orange Route (200) – Monday through Friday – Temporarily on a Modified Schedule
- Yellow Route (300) – Monday through Friday
- Purple (2000) – Temporarily Removed from Service
- Church Route (800) – Sundays Only
- Shopper Special Route (900) – Sundays Only
- 26th Street Shuttle (700) (Metrolink Train Station) – Monday through Friday
Culver City Bus:
Operating on an adjusted schedule, Line 5 is discontinued temporarily.
Foothill Transit has new and improved schedules starting May 2:
- Reduced Service — The COVID-19 pandemic has changed everything, including how we run safe service. Right now that means a reduction in service. We continue to run fewer buses on Commuter Express Lines 490, 493, 495, 498, 499, and 699.
- Paused Service — Lines 690, 851, 853, and 854 are temporarily not operating.
- Schedule Adjustment — We have made an adjustment to the evening schedules for Line 190.
- Back In Service — The Silver Streak stops on the 10 Freeway at Puente Ave and Azusa Ave are back in service as of May 2.
Gold Coast Transit:
Gold Coast Transit is currently operating at an adjusted service level.
Rear door boarding, face coverings required, and free fares.
Starting April 18, Line 2 will operate every 15 minutes on weekdays and every 30 minutes on weekend.
Rear door boarding and free fares. GTrans customers are required to wear face coverings that cover the nose and mouth while on board. Read more.
Temporary service modifications are still in effect for most community DASH routes and commuter express routes.
Hollywood and Long Beach routes are discontinued. Union Station and Van Nuys’ schedules are changed. Read more.
Long Beach Transit:
LBT is operating a modified bus schedule, until further notice, for customers performing essential activities and traveling to work.
Routes temporarily suspended: 52, 81, 96, 102, 176, Passport
Routes operating WEEKDAYS only: 92, 93, 131, 175.
45 and 46 not serving CSULB. Read More.
Metrolink temporarily operates on a modified schedule.
All lines are operating M-F, and Saturday and Sunday service is available on all lines except Ventura County and Riverside. Read more.
Montebello Bus Lines:
On Sunday, January 3rd, 2021, Montebello Bus Lines implemented a new schedule with increased service on multiple lines.
- Enter through the front door, exit through the rear door
- Passengers are required to wear face masks
- Maximum of 10 passengers per bus to prevent overcrowding
Moorpark City Transit:
- Route 1:
- Monday through Friday
- 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Effective August 19, 2019)
- Route 2:
- Monday through Friday
- 6:15 a.m. to 5:54 p.m. (Effective August 19, 2019)
- “Tripper” Service
- Monday through Friday
- 10:40 a.m. to 3:22 p.m. (Effective October 21, 2020)
Rear door boarding. Free fares. Read more.
Norwalk Transit is operating a regular bus schedule.
Rear door boarding. Free fares. Read more.
Operating adjusted bus services as of Monday, January 4, 2021:
- Route 1: All new times, all days.
- Route 2: Multiple trips adjusted, all days.
- Route 6: Multiple trips adjusted, all days. Routing has been moved from Second Street, between Mountain Avenue and the San Bernardino Transit Center to travel on Rialto Avenue.
- Route 10: Multiple trips adjusted, all days.
- Route 61: Minor time adjustments, weekdays only.
- Route 82: Eastbound 7:25 AM, westbound 5:35 AM, 2:30 PM and 5:40 PM trips adjusted, weekdays only.
- Route 83: All northbound trips adjusted; southbound trips 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM adjusted, weekdays only.
- Route 84: All southbound trips adjusted, weekdays. Times adjusted Saturday and Sunday. The timepoint at Mountain and 5th has been moved to Mountain and Holt.
- Route 87: Times adjusted, all days. Due to construction in Ontario, Route 87 will detour from 4th Street between Vineyard and Grove to travel on 6th Street.
Orange County Transportation Agency (OCTA):
OCTA continues running the current modified schedule, with changes in effect on February 14, 2021.
Effective August 9:
- Route 20 weekdays: 12-15 minute service most of the day
- Route 31/32 weekdays: 18-25 minute service most of the day
- Route 40 weekdays: 33-minute service all-day
- Route 51/52 weekdays: 60-minute service all-day
- Route 60: Temporarily discontinued
- Current Saturday and Sunday schedules will remain
Rear door boarding. Fares Resume April 12, 2021. Read more.
Riverside Transit Agency (RTA):
Riverside Transit Agency has adjusted all routes and schedules, effective January 10, 2021.
ROUTE 24: This route and schedule was adjusted in Old Town Temecula to travel on Mercedes Street between Main and 6th streets. The timepoint on 6th Street has been removed.
ROUTE 27: The 5:57 p.m. and 8:06 p.m. southbound trips departing the Galleria at Tyler was adjusted to depart at 6:03 p.m. and 8:08 p.m. instead. The northbound 7:08 p.m. trip departing Perris Station Transit Center was also adjusted to depart at 7:10 p.m. to improve connections with other routes.
ROUTE 49: The westbound 5:01 p.m. and 6:50 p.m. trips departing the Riverside-Downtown Metrolink Station will be adjusted to depart at 5:08 p.m. and 6:57 p.m. instead. The eastbound 5:56 p.m. trip departing Banana & Cherry avenues will also be adjusted to depart at 6:03 p.m. to improve connections with trains.
Front Door Boarding and Fare Collection Resumed on November 2.
See the updated service changes.
Santa Clarita Transit:
Beginning January 1, 2021 operators on all Santa Clarita Transit services will begin asking riders to once again pay their fare.
Effective January 4, 20201, to align with updated Metrolink timetables, Route 502 has a modified schedule.
Beginning October 10, 2020, many local routes will have expanded service hours and additional trips. This schedule balances the current needs for public transportation and social distancing and will continue until further direction is provided. Passengers are required to wear face coverings while onboard Santa Clarita Transit vehicles.
Simi Valley Transit:
Effective Monday, November 2, 2020, the schedule for Route 20 has changed.
Simi Valley Transit’s Route 10, 20, and 30 are operating. Route A, B, C, and D are no longer in service.
Effective Monday, July 13, 2020 face masks will be required when riding all Simi Valley Transit vehicles.
Effective April 10: The City will no longer charge fare on the Fixed Route system until further notice. Also, passengers will only load and unload from the rear door of the bus, however, seniors and individuals with mobility devices may board through the front door. Passengers are also encouraged to wear masks. Please view the Press Release for more information.
Spirit Bus Services is temporary suspended until further notice. Read more.
Thousand Oaks Transit:
Effective Monday, June 1, 2020, all Thousand Oaks Transit services have resumed normal service with new bus routes on August 3, 2020 – Route 40, 41, 42, 43, and 44. Free fares.
Thousand Oaks Transit is prohibiting eating and drinking is while onboard their buses. The use of face-covering is required at all times. If you need a mask, please request one from your driver.
- Due to a surge in Corona virus (COVID-19) outbreak, starting Monday, February 15, Torrance Transit buses are running on a modified schedule until further notice. The buses will be running on a Saturday schedule Monday thru Friday with peak hour service on Lines 4X and 6. More info.
- All passengers must wear a face-covering while riding a Torrance Transit bus and must use the designated seating.
- Torrance Transit is presently not charging fares.
- Everyone must board and alight from the rear door.
Ventura County Transportation Commission:
Running on a modified schedule.
Face coverings are required. Free fares.
You ride (healthy), we guide.
The Moovit Team