Expect delays while traveling
Getting there by Metrolink 🚇
There are a number of stops within easy walking distance of the ground:
- Old Trafford (Bury/Altrincham lines)
- Trafford Bar (Altrincham/Bury/Rochdale/Shaw and Crompton/Airport/East Didsbury lines)
- Wharfside (Trafford Park line)
- Exchange Quay (Eccles/Ashton lines)
There’s also Trafford Bar within a 15-minute walk of the ground.
After the match, we advise passengers who are Altrincham-bound to board a tram at Old Trafford, while those catching the East Didsbury or Airport lines, we advise to use Trafford Bar.
Getting there by bus 🚍
If you are intending to catch a bus to or from Old Trafford, the following commercial bus services will bring you closest to the ground – 250, 255, 256, 263 and X50.
Journey times could also be impacted due to the increased levels of traffic, so be sure to plan ahead and allow extra time for your travel.
Getting there by train 🚆
The ground is also only a short Metrolink ride (20 minutes) from Piccadilly Station in the city centre.
- From Manchester Piccadilly: Please board an Altrincham tram and get off Old Trafford. For tram services, just take the stairs down from the main concourse area at Piccadilly Station.
- From Victoria: Please board an Altrincham tram and get off Old Trafford.
- From Oxford Road: Please board an Altrincham tram from Deansgate-Castlefield to Old Trafford.
Please note that on some maps of the area, it depicts an Old Trafford train station. This is no longer in use, but the nearby Old Trafford Metrolink stop provides links to all corners of Greater Manchester. Please see the information above for details.