This weekend is the Brooklyn Half Marathon, the Turkish Day Festival, and the Wall St Run & Heart Walk. Many MTA buses will be detoured for these events. The M train will be suspended for the next 8 weekends and the LIRR is introducing new timetables. Continue reading for more information.
Use Moovit’s trip plans, real-time and service alerts to spend your weekend the way you want to!
Ongoing and Upcoming Service Changes:
Starting tomorrow, May 19th, weekend service for the M train will be suspended for 8 consecutive weekends. MTA is providing a free shuttle service between Metropolitan Av and Myrtle Av. From there, please transfer to the J train or the L train. Please check Moovit for trip plans and service alerts
These service changes will be in effect between 9:45 p.m. Friday and 5:00 a.m. Monday on the following weekends:
- May 19 – May 22
- June 3 – June 5
- June 9 – June 12
- June 16 – June 19
- June 23 – June 26
- June 30 – July 4
- July 7 – July 10
And between 9:45 p.m. Friday and 5:00 a.m. Tuesday through Memorial Day weekend:
- May 26 – May 30
New timetables take effect on all LIRR branches
- Off-peak schedules have been revised on most branches while we continue to upgrade our infrastructure.
- Seasonal extra service on the Montauk, Ronkonkoma, and Long Beach Branches returns on Friday, May 26.
Weekend Events and MTA Service Changes
Manhattan’s Wall St Run & Heart Walk will take play this Thursday, some MTA buses will be on detour between 3:30 pm and 8:30 pm.
- No M9 service between Murray St at West St and South End Ave at Albany St
- M15 buses will be detoured in both directions between South St at Whitehall St and Pearl St at Robert F Wagner Sr Pl
- M15-SBS stops at South Ferry Terminal, Water St at Wall St, and Pearl St at Fulton St will be closed in both directions
- No M20 service between West St at Vesey St and States St at Whitehall St
- No M22 service between West St at Chambers St and Vesey St at North End Ave, eastbound buses are detoured
- No M55 service between Chambers St at Church St and State St at Whitehall St
The Turkish Day Festival is this Saturday, May 20th! Between 10:00 am and 7:00 pm, Northbound BM1, BM2, BM3 and BM4 stops on Madison Ave at E 48th St and E 54th St will be closed.
The Brooklyn Half Marathon is this Sunday, May 21th. Several MTA buses will be detoured from 4:00 am till 12:00 pm.
- B1 buses will be detoured in both directions between Brighton Beach Ave at Coney Island Ave and 86th St at Shell Rd
- B3 stops along Avenue U between Coney Island Ave and McDonald Ave will be closed
- B4 buses will be detoured between Neptune Ave at Coney Island Ave and Shell Rd at Avenue Z
- No B6 service on Avenue J between E 5th St and E 9th S
- No B8 service on 18th Ave between Coney Island Ave and E 3rd St
- No B9 service between Avenue M at E 9th St and E 5th St at Avenue N
- No B11 service between Coney Island Ave at Avenue J and McDonald Ave at Avenue I
- No B16 service between Caton Ave at McDonald Ave and Lincoln Rd at Flatbush Ave
- B35 buses will be detoured from Church Ave in both directions between Coney Island Ave and McDonald Ave
- B36 buses will be detoured between Coney Island Ave at Avenue Z and Surf Ave at W 20th St
- B41 buses will be detoured from Flatbush Ave between Washington Ave and 7th Ave
- No B43 service between Flatbush Ave at Lincoln Rd and Empire Blvd at Washington Ave
- No B48 service between Lincoln Rd at Flatbush Ave and Classon Ave at Lincoln Pl
- No B68 service between Brighton Beach Ave at Brighton 4th St and Coney Island
- B68 buses will be detoured in Windsor Terrace
- B69 buses will be detoured between 7th Ave at Park Pl and Vanderbilt Ave at Plaza St East
- No B82 service on Kings Hwy between Coney Island Ave and E 5th St
- X28 buses will be detoured between Surf Ave at W 24th St and Cropsey Ave at Neptune Ave
You Ride, We Guide,
The USA Moovit Team