MTA started replacing track today along the F line between 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Center in Manhattan and 36 St in Queens. Construction will continue into January or February 2024. During this time the F line will not serve the following stops between Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av and 47-50 Sts. in both directions. Shuttle buses will run between 21 St-Queensbridge and Queens Plaza stations.
Please expect longer travel times.
Continue reading for detailed service changes:
The following service changes will be in effect through the first quarter of 2024:
- Beginning Monday, August 28, service will be rerouted via the E line in both directions between 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Center and Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av.
- Weekday M service will be suspended between 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Ctr and Forest Hills-71 Av. Service will operate between Middle Village-Metropolitan Av and 57 St/6 Av in Manhattan only between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Nights between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. and weekends, the M will operate its normal service between Metropolitan Av and Essex St or Myrtle Av, and the 57 St/6 Av station will be closed. Due to operational constraints, service will operate at reduced frequencies.
- Weekdays and weekends between 5 a.m. and 11:59 p.m., shuttle trains will operate between Lexington Av/63 St and 21 St-Queensbridge, and free Q95 shuttle buses will operate between the 21 St-Queensbridge and Queens Plaza stations.
- Overnights between midnight and 5 a.m., shuttle train service is suspended and free Q94 shuttle buses will connect the Roosevelt Island, 21 St-Queensbridge, and Queens Plaza stations.
You Ride, We Guide,
The USA Moovit Team