😷 Covid Related Updates HERE 😷
🛤️Due to ongoing track and road maintenance please make sure to always check MTA Subway and Bus updates in the app before planning your trip!
Subway and Buses
- Subway and buses are running on a regular schedule. Subway service is still suspended from 1 a.m. to 5 a.m. while MTA disinfects stations and trains.
- Front-door boarding and fare collection has resumed on local buses.
- Off-peak fares are in effect.
- Off-peak fares are in effect.
🗓️No Main Line train service between Hicksville and Jamaica
- Special weekend timetables will be in effect for all branches on the weekend of October 3-4 as work progresses on the elimination of the School Street grade crossing, a key component of the LIRR Expansion Project: a new bridge will be installed at the former crossing, with a new underpass to follow later this fall. In addition, LIRR forces will be performing trackwork in the vicinity of Queens Village on the Hempstead Branch. Please note some service changes will begin Friday evening and continue through early Monday morning.
To allow this work to proceed, the LIRR will suspend Main Line train service between Hicksville and Jamaica. Key service impacts and alternatives appear below:
- New Hyde Park, Merillon Avenue, Mineola, Carle Place and Westbury Stations: NO TRAIN SERVICE. As alternatives, use the Hempstead Branch or NICE Bus service. LIRR tickets will be cross-honored on the N22/24 bus routes for service between Hicksville and Mineola, and the N40/41 bus routes for service between Mineola and Hempstead. See www.nicebus.com for schedules.
- Huntington/Port Jefferson/Ronkonkoma Branches: Revised train routes will require westbound customers from Huntington, Port Jefferson and Ronkonkoma to transfer to a shuttle train at Hicksville stopping at Bethpage and Babylon, then connect with a train from Babylon to Penn Station. Eastbound customers traveling to Huntington, Port Jefferson and Ronkonkoma will reverse the process and take a train from Penn Station to Babylon, transfer to a shuttle train stopping at Bethpage and Hicksville, then transfer again to an eastbound train from Hicksville to points east. Please allow up to 60 minutes of additional travel time. As alternatives, consider traveling via the Babylon, Montauk or Hempstead Branches.
- Oyster Bay Branch: Service will operate every two hours. All trains terminate/originate at East Williston Station. Take free LIRR shuttle buses between East Williston, Mineola and Hempstead, where hourly train service will be available, or use the Port Washington Branch.
- Hempstead Branch: Service on the Hempstead Branch will operate on an hourly basis, and trains will operate to/from Penn Station for the majority of the weekend, with some trains operating between Hempstead and Brooklyn during the late-night/overnight hours. At all other times, transfer at Jamaica for service to/from Brooklyn.
- Bethpage Station: All train service will be provided by the diesel-powered shuttle trains with bi-level cars that will operate between Hicksville, Bethpage and Babylon. Electric trains will not stop at Bethpage Station. Westbound customers should wait on the eastbound platform (Track 2, Platform B), and board a shuttle train to Babylon. At Babylon, transfer to westbound express trains to Penn Station that make limited stops, including Jamaica. Eastbound customers should wait on the westbound platform (Track 1, Platform A), and board a shuttle train to Hicksville. At Hicksville, transfer to an eastbound electric train for service to stations Farmingdale through Ronkonkoma.
Read more about these changes HERE
🚐 Access-A-Ride is not scheduling shared rides. (You can still travel with a personal care attendant or guest.) Don’t forget to wear your face covering. You’ll be helping protect yourself, your family, and other New Yorkers.
Have a great weekend,
The Moovit Team