**Klicke hier für Informationen auf Deutsch**
Stadtwerke München (SWM) renew further parts of its traffic infrastructure in 2019. The construction season starts with the large-scale modification of Romanplatz on Monday, 4 March 2019, with further construction works taking place in Maximilianstraße, Maffeistraße, Schleißheimer Straße and Ismaninger Straße.
Mon., 4. March until approx. mid-December 2019
From Monday, 11 June until approx. mid-December 2019 tram 12 runs between Scheidplatz and Neuhausen only. The section Rotkreuzplatz – Romanplatz is served by replacement bus route 12.
- Towards Romanplatz please change at Rotkreuzplatz, towards Scheidplatz at Neuhausen, between the tram and the replacement service.
- From Romanplatz the buses continue as line 17 towards Nymphenburg palace / Amalienburgstraße.
Tram lines 16 and 17 run from Monday, 4 March until Sunday, 11 March 2019 between St. Emmeram and Central Station only and continue from there as tram 20 or 22 towards Moosach Bf. / Hochschule München.
- The section Hauptbahnhof Nord – Romanplatz – Amalienburgstraße is served by replacement bus routes 16 and 17 – during the day in a 5-minute headway. This is necessary in order to connect the provisional turning loop at Arnulf-/Nibelungenstraße junction to the existing network.
- At Hauptbahnhof Nord the buses depart at Luisenstraße / Dachauer Straße junction and in front of Arnulfstraße no. 10-12.
From Monday, 4 March until Sunday, 10 March 2019 tram lines 20 and 22 coming from Moosach Bf. resp. Hochschule München continue from Central Station as tram 16 or 17 via Karlsplatz (Stachus), Sendlinger Tor and Isartor towards St. Emmeram.
- Passengers wishing to travel from Karlsplatz (Stachus) towards Moosach Bf. / Hochschule München please board tram lines 16 and 17 from stop position (1) to Central Station – these trains continue as tram 20 or 22.
- Stop position (5) at Bayerstraße is not served during this period.
Tram lines N17 and N20 are linked up at Karlsplatz (Stachus) and run thus Effnerplatz – Karlsplatz (Stachus) – Central Station – Moosach Bf.
- The N17-section Karlsplatz (Stachus) – Amalienburgstraße is served by replacement bus route N17. At Karlsplatz (Stachus) the buses towards Amalienburgstraße depart north of the fountain (coming from the mezzanine level please take exit A). The Central Station (Bahnhofplatz) cannot be reached by the replacement service.
- At Romanplatz the buses serve the regular Romanplatz only, the Romanplatz (Nibelungenstraße) is out of service dring the night.
- For tram N20 the Karlsplatz (Stachus) is relocated to stop position (1) at Sonnenstraße.
Bus 51, 143, 151, N78
AAs of Monday, 11 March 2019 there will also be restrictions on bus routes 51, 143, 151 and N78 due to the construction works at Romanplatz:
Romanplatz: Relocation of the bus stop towards Moosach Bf. / Westfriedhof / Blutenburg
The stop towards Moosach Bf. / Westfriedhof / Blutenburg has been moved to the right-hand kerbside (in front of Romanplatz 8-10) to clear the construction site in the centre of the square. At the same stop you may also change from / to replacement bus route 17 or N17.
Amalienburgstraße: Relocation of the bus stop towards Olympia-Einkaufszentrum / Blumenau
Bus routes 143 and N78 towards Olympia-Einkaufszentrum or Blumenau depart from a temporary stop at the right-hand kerbside. This is necessary because the regular tram stop cannot be used by the replacement services. To change between bus route 143 and the tram replacement service please use the Botanischer Garten.
51 / 151: Moosach Bf. / Westfriedhof – Romanplatz at times 4 minutes earlier
From Monday to Saturday bus routes 51 and 151 towards Aidenbachstraße / Parkstadt Solln depart between Moosach Bf. resp. Westfriedhof and Romanplatz from ca. 07.30 until 19.00 hrs. (Saturdays from ca. 09.00 until 19.00 hrs.) four minutes earlier.
151: Short rides from approx. 09.00 to 12.00 hrs. between Waldfriedhof and Laim Bf. only
The so-called “short rides” of bus route 151 from approx. 09.00 until 12.00 hrs. run between Waldfriedhof and Laim Bf. only due to the omitted turning possibility at Romanplatz. In the section Laim Bf. – Romanplatz please use bus route 51.