NJ TRANSIT Thanksgiving Holiday Rail Service – Wednesday, November 22 to Friday, November 24, 2023
On Wednesday, November 22 through Friday, November 24, NJ TRANSIT Rail service will operate with some modifications for the Thanksgiving weekend as follows:
Early Getaway Service – Wednesday, November 22: Trains will operate on a weekday schedule on all lines with additional “Early Getaway” service from Penn Station New York, Newark Penn Station, and Hoboken Terminal starting at 2PM on the Northeast Corridor, North Jersey Coast, Raritan Valley, Morris & Essex, and Port Jervis lines.
Northeast Corridor Early Getaway:
- Three extra trains will depart New York:
- Train 8849 at 2:04PM (skips Secaucus, express from Newark Airport to New Brunswick)
- Train 8851 at 2:24PM (express from Newark Airport to New Brunswick)
- Train 8855 at 3:24PM (express from Newark Penn to Princeton Junction)
- Train 3867 (5:25PM from New York) will be canceled.
- Trains 3175 and 3961 will be combined as Train 8875, which will depart New York at 6:37 PM, stop at Secaucus, Newark Penn Station, Newark Airport, and then express to Metropark. From Metropark, Train 8875 will make all stops to Trenton.
North Jersey Coast Line Early Getaway:
- Two extra trains will depart New York:
- Train 8249 at 2:34PM (Express from Newark Airport to Woodbridge)
- Train 8353 at 3:13PM (Express from Newark Penn to Woodbridge)
- Train 3373 (6:04PM from New York) will be canceled.
Raritan Valley Line Early Getaway:
- Extra Train 8529 will depart Newark Penn at 3:34PM and make all stops to Raritan.
- Trains 5743 and 5445 will be combined as Train 8545, which will depart Newark at 6:33PM and will make all stops at High Bridge.
Morris & Essex Lines Early Getaway:
- Train 8935 will depart New York at 2:22PM and make all stops to Dover except Secaucus, East Orange, Highland Avenue, Mountain Station and Mount Tabor.
- Train 8941 will depart New York at 3:49 PM and stop at South Orange, Maplewood, Summit, Chatham, Madison, Convent Station, Morristown, Morris Plains, Denville and Dover.
Main/Bergen County/Port Jervis Early Getaway:
- Train 49 (2:41PM departure from Hoboken and 2:52 PM from Secaucus) will continue to Otisville and Port Jervis this day and be renumbered as Train 99.
- Train 59 (6:14PM departure from Hoboken and 6:25PM departure from Secaucus) will be cancelled.
Thursday, November 23: Weekend/Major Holiday Service on ALL Lines
- Additional parade service will operate on the NEC, NJCL, RVL, M&E/Midtown Direct, and Port Jervis Line.
- Extra parade service for the RVL and Port Jervis Line is shown in the regular weekend timetables. Please see the shaded trains and read the notes at the bottom of each page.
Friday, November 24:
- Trains will operate on an enhanced weekend schedule (the same schedule as operated on Martin Luther King and Presidents’ Days) with additional trains during the morning and afternoon/evening peak periods. See shaded trains in timetables and printable schedules and check footnotes for operating dates.
Saturday, November 25, and Sunday, November 26 on ALL LINES
- Regular weekend schedule will operate on both days.
- Meadowlands service will operate for the Giants vs Patriots football game on Sunday, November 26.