The Subway is closed for cleaning every night from 1am-5am
Use Moovit’s trip planner for Up-to-date route information!
Step 1: Search for any location in the search bar, choose one of your favorites, or tap one of your recent routes
Step 2: Choose the best route for you
Step 3: Get step-by-step directions for your selected route
Plan ahead with these Overnight travel options:
Alternatives to subway service
- The Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North Railroad are cross-honoring MetroCards between some stations while subway service isn’t running.
Overnight bus service
- All overnight buses from 1-5 am, including the express routes in the Bronx, Brooklyn, and Queens, will be $2.75. (The usual fare is in place for SIM buses.)
- If your bus trip requires more than one transfer between midnight and 6 a.m., you can travel on a single fare by requesting a paper transfer from the bus operator on each leg of your trip.
- MTA launched three new bus routes to help you travel between boroughs when the subway isn’t running.
New overnight bus routes
These new routes operate every 20 minutes from 1-6 a.m.
This route connects Midwood in Brooklyn to the west side of Manhattan, following a route similar to the 2 line.
The Bx99 connects Woodlawn in the Bronx and the West Village in Manhattan. The route travels on Jerome Avenue and down the east side, similar to the 4 subway line, then crosses west at 57th Street and down to the West Village.
The new M99 runs between East New York in Brooklyn and Hell’s Kitchen, across 14th Street in Manhattan and along the west side.
Changes to overnight bus service
“To make the most effective use of our limited resources and ensure consistent reliability on routes with higher ridership demands, we are making changes to service on some overnight routes currently experiencing very low ridership. These new changes will go into effect the morning of Thursday, October 15, 2020.” -MTA
Routes with discontinued overnight service
The following routes will no longer provide service between 1 AM and 5 AM. This will return them to their pre-pandemic overnight schedules.
- M34/M34A SBS, M20, B39, B45, QM17
Routes with reduced overnight frequencies
The following routes will run at reduced frequencies between 1 AM and 5 AM. This will return them to their pre-pandemic overnight schedules.
- B15, B25, B62, B82, Bx9, Bx28, Bx40, M60, Q4, Q43, Q56
The Moovit Team