Public Transportation Updates during Coronavirus
We have collected the most updated information published by the Ministry Of Transportation (MOT) in order for you to best prepare your travels:
- Public Transportation is operating as usual – As for March 15th, most public transportation lines continue operating as usual, excluding Student/Academia and Night Lines. In addition, public transportation lines to entertainment spots are suspended until further notice.
- Cash Payment – Starting Tuesday (17.3), cash payment will be prohibited in all public transportation. Payment will be accepted by ‘Rav Kav’ card only, and charging the card will be available by a dedicated app or at charging stations. Locations of ‘Rav Kav’ charging stations can be found here.
- General guidelines from MOT – In an official announcement from March 14th, MOT is calling passengers to reduce their use of public transportation and to please be aware of the following:
- The first row in buses will be taped off to prevent passengers from occupying these seats
- In intercity buses, passengers will not be allowed to stand during the ride
We in Moovit consider the health of our user community and all public transportation users as a top priority. Please follow the guidelines of the Ministries of Health and Transportation for your own health & safety and the health & safety of the people around you.
Moovit is here to make sure you stay updated regarding changes that may affect you.
Have a safe and pleasant ride,
The Moovit Team