Line segment shutdown between Eastern Market & Minnesota Ave/Benning Road from June 18 through July 3, 2016. Also, no Blue Line service between Arlington Cemetery and Rosslyn. Weekday train service will run as follows:
- Orange Line trains will run every 10 minutes outside shutdown zone with all 8 car trains
- Silver Line trains will run every 10 minutes outside shutdown zone with a mix of 6 and 8 car trains
- Blue Line trains will run every 12 minutes between Franconia & Arlington Cemetery only
- Yellow Rush+ runs all day, use Yellow Line for service between VA & DC
- At 10:00 p.m. NO Blue Line service, use Yellow Line instead. All other trains will run every 20 minutes.
- No rail or bus service between Arlington Cemetery and Rosslyn during peak hours; travel via L’Enfant Plaza instead
- Shuttle bus service will replace trains from Eastern Market to Minnesota Ave/Benning Road and operate every 5-10 minutes (shuttle buses stop ONLY at the Metrorail stations)
Orange, Blue and Silver line trains may be very crowded, especially during rush hour due to severe service reductions. Expect significant delays at the following stations:
- Benning Rd
- Stadium Armory
- Potomac Ave
- New Carrolton
- Largo Town Center
- Morgan Blvd
- Addison Rd
**NOTE Shuttle buses between Eastern Market and Minnesota Ave/Benning Road may be extremely crowded. Customers may need to wait for multiple buses due to long lines. Customers should consider Metrobus to bypass the Metrorail system. Enhanced service is being added to the T18 between New Carrollton and Rhode Island Avenue and on the 97 between Capitol Heights and Union Station at rush hour. Additionally, the X9 will run from Minnesota Avenue to Metro Center all day.
For more info – Click here!