Take note of the following travel disruptions across Scotland:
St Vincent Place stop in Glasgow out of use. Diversions are in place. 03/10/19 00:00 – 30/11/19 23:59
- Service 6 towards Clydebank: Normal route Ingram Street at South Fredrick Street continue Ingram Street, right Queen Street, George Square West, right George Square North, left North Hanover Street, left Cathedral Street, Bath Street, right Hope Street normal route.
- Service 6A towards Drumchapel: From George Square North, left North Frederick Street, left Cathedral Street, Bath Street, right Hope Street normal route.
- Service 18 towards Holland Street: Normal route Ingram Street at South Fredrick Street continue Ingram Street, right Queen Street, George Square West, right George Square North, left North Hanover Street, left Cathedral Street, Bath Street, normal route.
- Service 21 towards Cathkin: Normal route George Square South at Queen Street, right George Square West, right George Square North, left North Hanover Street, left Cathedral Street, Bath Street, normal route.
- Service 41 towards West Regent Street: Normal route George Square South at Queen Street, right George Square West, right George Square North, left North Hanover Street, left Cathedral Street, Bath Street, left Renfield Street, left West Regent Street.
- Service 500 towards Glasgow Airport: Normal route North Hanover Street at Cathedral Street, right Cathedral Street, Bath Street, left Wellington Street normal route.Use the stop on Bath Street at Buchanan Street
- Service X8 towards Silverburn: Normal route Renfield Street at St Vincent Street continue Renfield Street, Union Street, right Argyle Street, right Hope Street, left Waterloo Street normal route.
Broomlands Busway closed Shuttle Buses services 21 and 29 diverted. 14/10/19 09:30 – 08/11/19 15:30
- Due to lighting works on the Broomlands Busway the above service will be diverted via Townfoot, Corsehill and Annick Road. During these hours no stops on the Broomlands Busway will be served. Passengers are requested to board and alight at the alternative stops at Townhead and Townfoot, Dybridge
Edinburgh: Fountainbridge road closure. 18/09/19 00:00 – Until further notice
- Due to a road closure buses are unable to serve West Port, Fountainbridge and Dundee Street and are instead diverted via Lauriston Place, Earl Grey Street, Lothian Road and West Approach Road in both directions.
West Lothian: Camps Industrial Estate road closure, Lothian Country X27 diversion. 16/09/19 00:00 – 08/11/19 23:59
- Part of the B7015 road at Camps Industrial Estate will be closed to buses from Monday 16 September for approx 8 weeks. Lothian Country Buses X27 will be diverted for the duration of the works.
Bus Stop Closures – 609028 (Renfield St before St Vincent St) and 609075 (St Vincent St after Renfield St). 03/10/19 00:00 – 29/11/19 23:59
Edinburgh: Craigmillar Park southbound road closure. 02/09/19 00:00 – 25/10/19 23:59
- Southbound Lothian Buses, Services 3, 7, 8, 29, 31, 37, 47, 49, 300, X29, X31, X37, X47, N3, N7, N31, N37 will divert SOUTHBOUND ONLY.
The Orchard in Tullibody closed. 30/09/19 08:00 – 01/12/19 17:00
- Services C2,C2A will not be able to serve The Orchard, Tullibody due to road maintenance. Passengers should make their way to Carseview and Newmills where the bus will operate Hail and Ride.
Portobello: Brighton Place closure and diversion. 07/01/19 00:00 – 20/12/19 23:59
- Due to works, Brighton Place is closed from Monday 7th January 2019 for approximately 50 weeks. Lothian Buses, Services 21, 42, 49 and 69 will divert during the works.
Highland Council: Ferry F10 (Fort William – Camusnagaul). 03/12/18 00:00 – Until further notice
- Customers should note the first journey on Ferry F10 on normal weekdays has been changed to depart Fort William at 07:40 instead of 07:45 as shown. This is to ensure a school bus connection is made at Camusnagaul on time.
Kingston Street in Glasgow closed-First Glasgow services 9,9A & 10 diverted. 13/09/19 00:00 – Until further notice
- Service 9/A & 10 towards Jura Street: Normal route Bridge Street at Kingston Street continue Bridge Street, right Nelson Street, normal Route.
Argyle Street in Glasgow City Centre closed. 27/10/19 09:30 – 27/10/19 18:00
- Services 1/1A/1B/1C/1D & X4 towards City Centre: Normal route to Argyle Street at Jamaica Street, right Jamaica St, left Broomielaw, Clyde Street, Bridgegate, left King Street, left Osborne Street or as Service X4 Clyde Street, left Stockwell Street, left Stockwell Place.
- Services 2, 18, 60, 60A, 61, 240, 255 & 263 towards Glasgow Cross: Normal route to Union Street at Argyle Street, continue Jamaica Street, left Clyde Street, left Stockwell Street, right Trongate normal route.
- Service 6, 7/7A, 21, 75 & 267 towards Gorbals Street: Normal route to Union Street at Argyle Street, continue Jamaica Street, left Clyde Street, Broomielaw, Bridgegate, left King Street, left Osborne Street, left Stockwell Street normal route.
First services X10 and X10A diverted between Balfron and Killearn between 0830hrs and 1800hrs each day 21 October to 1 November. 21/10/19 08:30 – 01/11/19 18:00
- There will be no bus service on the section of route between Balfron Buchanan Street at Drunmore Street and Killearn Main Street north of Station Road.
A78 closed at Fairlie overnight Stagecoach service 585A will terminate at West Kilbride and cannot serve Fairlie or Largs. 18/10/19 20:00 – 23/10/19 06:00
- Stagecoach Service 585A Largs – Ardrossan – Stevenston: Disruption and diversion due to a road closure from 2000hrs on Friday 18th October 2019 until 0600hrs on Monday 21st October 2019 a and between 2000hrs and 0600hrs on both Monday 21st and Tuesday 22nd October.
- Due to essential carriageway maintenance works on the A78, through the village of Fairlie, this service will terminate at West Kilbride. Intending passengers are advised to use rail network services to continue onward travel to Fairlie or Largs.
A7 Closure Hawick to Selkirk Borders Buses service X95 diverted. 17/10/19 20:00 – 30/10/19 06:00
- From Thursday 17 October to Wednesday 30 October, essential maintenance work shall take place on the A7 carriageway between Hawick and Selkirk. The work will result in a combination of overnight and weekend closures and will impact heavily on the timings of service X95.
- During the closures we have re-routed service X95. Whilst the re-routing of the service is designed to keep our buses moving during the works, we must highlight delays to bus times are expected.
- Phase one (Thursday 17 October – Tuesday 22 October)
- Overnight closures from 8pm until 6am will take place on the evenings of Thursday 17 October and Monday 21 October. A full-time weekend closure will be in effect from 8pm on Friday 18 October until 6am on Monday 21 October.
- Phase two (Thursday 24 October – Wednesday 30 October)
- Overnight closures from 8pm until 6am will take place on the evenings of Thursday 24 October, Monday 28 October and Tuesday 29 October. A full-time weekend closure is required from 8pm on Friday 25 October until 6am on Monday 28 October.
- For closures Monday to Friday – the first journey from Mart street, Hawick at 0501 will divert via A698, A68 to St Boswells then A699 to Selkirk for normal route to Galashiels. This will add approx. 10-15 minutes to the journey.
- Journeys after 1955 from Galashiels and 2046 from Hawick will divert via Selkirk and operate via A699 to St Boswells and then A68 and A698 to Mart street, Hawick. This will add approx. 15-20 mins to the journey.
- For closure during both weekends – to minimise disruption, the X95 will not serve Selkirk. Instead it will follow an alternative route via A6091, A68 and A698 to Hawick and will operate non-stop between Kingsknowe roundabout and Hawick Mart street. This will add approx. 5-10 minutes to journeys.
- Shuttle bus – for customers travelling to Selkirk, we are operating a shuttle bus between Galashiels and Selkirk. For connections between Selkirk and Hawick customers will travel via Galashiels Transport Interchange for onward travel.
- The shuttle will operate hourly over the weekend. On Saturdays this will be complimented by service 73’s half hourly service.
- Where to board the shuttle bus – from Galashiels Transport Interchange customers can board and alight from Stance 2. In Selkirk customers board at Market Square – X95 (northbound) bus stop. All bus stops on the normal X95 route in Selkirk will be served. The shuttle is not a free bus, it is an addition of the X95. Normal fares apply.
Edinburgh: Queensferry Street southbound closure (towards city centre), Lothian Buses diversions. 14/10/19 00:00 – 23/10/19 23:59
- Lothian Buses, Services 19, 37, 41, X37, N37 and Lothian Country 43, X43 between Dean Bridge and Princes Street will be diverted via Drumsheugh Gardens, Walker Street, Coates Crescent and Shandwick Place. Buses will stop on Shandwick Place.
- Lothian Buses, Services 36, 47, X47 between Dean Bridge and Lothian Road will be diverted via Drumsheugh Gardens, Palmerston Place, Morrison Link and West Approach Road. Please note: Stops opposite Drumsheugh Place, on Queensferry Street and on Lothian Road opposite Caledonian Hotel will not be served.
- East Coast Buses, 104, 113 and X7 will also be diverted and follow an altered route.
A735 closed at Clekwell McGills service 337 unable to serve Lugton or Dunlop. 24/10/19 08:00 – 25/10/19 17:00
- Towards Kilmarnock – normal route to B706 Barrmill Road at Lochlibo Road, right A736 Lochlibo Road, B778 to Stewarton Dalry Road at Ravenscraig Road, Ravenscraig Road, Lamberton Road, right Dunlop Road then normal route and same in reverse.
Calderwood Road in East Kilbride closed. 22/10/19 08:00 – 25/10/19 17:00
- During the closure the following diversion will be in place:
- Service 18 & 201 towards East Kilbride Bus Station: Normal route Calderwood Road at Maxwellton Road left Maxwellton Road, St Leonards Road, ahead 2nd exit on the roundabout St Leonards Road, left Calderwood Road normal route.
- Services 18 & 201 towards Whirlies Roundabout: Normal route Calderwood Road at St Leonards Road, right St Leonards Road, ahead 1st exit on the roundabout St Leonards Road, Maxwellton Road, right Calderwood Road normal route.
A735 closed at Lugton McGills service 337 unable to serve Lugton or Dunlop. 21/10/19 08:00 – 25/10/19 17:00
- Towards Kilmarnock – normal route to B706 Barrmill Road at Lochlibo Road, right A736 Lochlibo Road, B778 to Stewarton Dalry Road at Ravenscraig Road, Ravenscraig Road, Lamberton Road, right Dunlop Road then normal route and same in reverse
Lochaline-Fishnish Ferry Will Be Passengers Only (NO CARS) from 21.10.19 to 01.12.19. 21/10/19 04:00 – 30/11/19 23:59
SERVICES B10, C10, B12 AND C12 NO LONGER OPERATE. 21/10/19 00:00 – Until further notice
- These services have been replaced with services X10 and X10A
Hawkhead Road in Paisley closed Mc Gills services 6, 10 and 66 diverted/delayed. 21/10/19 00:00 – 03/11/19 17:00
- Glasgow Rd, continuing on to Hawkhead Rd, Seedhill Rd, Mill St and Barrhead Rd to NLR at the Hawkhead Rdbt. Service 10, 66 and 6 subject to delay.
West Lothian: Ash Grove, Blackburn closed, Lothian Country 287 diverted. 14/10/19 08:00 – 25/10/19 23:59
- To allow resurfacing works to take place Ash Grove and Elm Grove in Blackburn, West Lothian will be closed from 0800 on Monday 14 October for approximately 2 weeks. Lothian Country Buses, Service 287 will divert via Bathgate Road and East Main Street in both directions.
Castlehill Road in Ayr closed Stagecoach service 361 and Shuttle Buses service 347 diverted. 14/10/19 08:00 – 30/10/19 17:00
- Due to road works taking place from Monday 14th October until 30th October along Castlehill Road between Morrisons and Belmont Avenue this service will divert via St Andrews Street, Ashgrove Street, Lothian Rd, Mount Oliphant Cres, Lochlea Drive then Castlehill Road with the same route in reverse.
Penicuik: Rullion Road closure, Lothian X15, 37, X37, N37 diversion. 14/10/19 07:00 – 22/11/19 23:59
- Between Bog Road and Rullion Road, buses will operate via Carlops Road, John Street and Cuiken Terrace in both directions. Service N37 between Bog Road and Rullion Road will operate via Carlops Road, John Street and Cuiken Terrace.
Townend Road in Dumbarton closed First Glasgow service 1A diverted. 11/10/19 08:00 – 25/10/19 17:00
- Service 1A towards City Centre: Normal route Bonhill Road at Bankend Road continue Bonhill Road, right Townend Road normal route.
- Service 1A towards Balloch: Normal route Townend Road at Bonhill Road left Bonhill Road normal route.
Dalmeny and Queensferry: Station Road closure, Lothian Country 43, X43, N43 diverted. 07/10/19 00:00 – 01/11/19 23:59
- Services 43, X43, N43 (to Queensferry) – between A90 (Burnshot) and The Loan, Queensferry buses will be diverted via A90, the bus-only slip road to B8000 and Kirkliston Road.
- – Services 43, X43 (to Edinburgh) – between The Loan, Queensferry and A90 (Burnshot) buses should divert via Kirkliston Road, Ferrymuir Road and A90.
First services 51,52,54,57 and 59 cannot serve Barnton Street, Murray Place and Station Road in Stirling. 17/11/19 14:00 – 17/11/19 15:00
- On Sunday 17 November 2019 between around 1400hrs and 1500hrs, First Midland Bluebird services 51, 52, 54, 57, 59 will operate direct via Goosecroft Road and will not serve bus stops on Barnton Street, Murray Place and Station Road.
- Nearest bus stops are on Goosecroft Road at Stirling Bus Station.
Some journeys on service P2 diverted in Stirling. 02/11/19 17:00 – 02/11/19 18:00
- On Saturday 2 November 2019 , the 1710 and 1735 journeys from Castleview to Stirling City Centre and the 1721 and 1746 journeys from Stirling City Centre to Castleview will not serve the bus stops on King Street , St John Street, Broad Street and Corn Exchange Road.
George Square East and West closed overnight. 29/10/19 20:00 – 31/10/19 06:00
- Service 6 towards Clydebank: Normal route Stockwell Street at Stockwell Place left Stockwell Place, Howard Street, right Jamaica Street, left Midland Street, right Oswald Street, Hope Street Normal route.
- Service 6A towards Drumchapel: From George Square North, left North Frederick Street, left Cathedral Street, Bath Street, right Hope Street normal route.
- Service 18 towards Holland Street: Normal route London Road at Saltmarket, right High Street, Castle Street, left Cathedral Street, Bath Street normal route.
- Service 21 towards Cathkin: Normal route. Leaves 5mins ahead of time from Cochrane Street terminus.
- Service 41 towards West Regent Street: Normal route Duke Street at John Knox Street, right John Knox Street, right Castle Street, left Cathedral Street, Bath Street, left Renfield Street, left West Regent Street and terminate.
- Service 240,255,263 towards Buchanan Bus Station: Normal route London Road at Saltmarket, right High Street, Castle Street, left Cathedral Street, right North Hanover Street normal route.
- Service 267 towards Buchanan Bus Station: Normal route Stockwell Street at Stockwell Place left Stockwell Place, Howard Street, right Jamaica Street, left Midland Street, right Oswald Street, Hope Street, right Renfrew Street, Killermont Street, left Buchanan Bus Station and terminate
- Service 500 towards Glasgow Airport: Normal route North Hanover Street at Cathedral Street, right Cathedral Street, Bath Street, left Wellington Street normal route.
Bus stop revisions Catherdral Street and Castle Street in Glasgow Affecting First Glasgow services X2,19,38, 38A,38B,38C,38E, 57 and 57A. 27/10/19 03:00 – 10/11/19 23:59
- On Sunday 27th October, stops on Cathedral Street and Castle Street will change.
- 6090120 – Cathedral Street beyond North Frederick Street (outside old College of Commerce) – Services 19, 38A/B/C/E & 57A will no longer use this stop.
- 6090121 – Cathedral Street before Montrose Street – Service X2 will use this stop and then Stirling Road 60904211.
- 6090131 – Castle Street after St James’s Road – Service 19 will no longer use this stop
- 6090168 – Bath Street before West Nile Street – Services 19 & X2 will no longer use this stop. Passengers will be dropped off at 60904044 under Buchanan Galleries opposite Sainsburys
Changes to stances at Braehead Bus Station. 27/10/19 03:00 – 10/11/19 23:59
- Service 9A – Will continue to serve Stance 6
- Service 77 – Towards Glasgow Airport – now serve stance 2
- Service 77 – Towards Glasgow Buchanan – now serve stance 5
- Service 90 – Will now serve stance 6
- Service 709 – Will continue to serve stance 6
Auchinleck Avenue in Robroyston closed First Glasgow service 19A diverted. 22/10/19 09:30 – 22/10/19 19:00
- Service 19A Towards City Centre: Normal route to Robroyston Road at Auchinleck Avenue, continue Robroyston Road, 2nd exit left at the roundabout by passing Asda, left Saughs Avenue, left Auchinleck Avenue, right Auchinleck Avenue and normal route towards servicing the Asda.
- Service 19A Towards Robroyston: Normal route to Saughs Avenue at Auchinleck Avenue after servicing Asda, right Auchinleck Avenue, left Auchinleck Avenue, right Saughs Avenue, 3rd exit right at the roundabout by passing Asda, 3rd exit right onto Robroyston Road and normal route.
Bus stop changes Renfield Street in Glasgow. 19/10/19 05:00 – Until further notice
- On Saturday 19th October, until further notice Services 38, 38A,38B, 38C, 38E, 57 and 57A will temporary service stop 609025 Renfield Street after West Regent Street due to utility works
Source: Traveline Scotland