SEPTA’s 🚎 Trolley tunnel closure has started and will be in effect till July 24th.
SEPTA’s 🚎 Trolley Routes 10, 11, 13, 34, and 36 will not operate in the Center City tunnel till July 24th at 5 AM.
🚎 Trolley service will begin and end at 40th and Market Streets. Customers can board SEPTA’s Market-Frankford Line at 40th Street Station for travel to Center City. For travel from Center City to University City and Southwest Philadelphia, riders can board the Market-Frankford Line at 13th Street and then connect with trolley routes at 40th Street. In addition, buses will replace trolleys on Route 13 during the tunnel closure.
Work that will be completed includes:
- Demolish and rebuild the eastbound 22nd Street platform
- Replace worn track curved rail at various locations
- Clean out all pipes, drains, and vent wells
- Replace four miles of overhead contact wire
- Maintenance of the entire tunnel signal system
- Heavy cleaning and maintenance at all stations including graffiti removal, painting, and lighting
You Ride, We Guide,
The USA Moovit Team