Running normal weekday service.
The Staten Island Railroad is running normal weekday service.
Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North Railroad are running normal weekday service.
Metro-North is not currently taking cash on trains or at ticket windows. You can still use cash at ticket vending machines.
All weekday routes continue to operate.
Routes that serve schools may have fewer buses at the times that school would be opening or closing.
A few routes in Brooklyn have specific changes related to the closed schools. The morning and evening rush hours are generally unaffected.
Starting March 19, MTA will no longer be scheduling shared rides. You’ll still be able to travel with a personal care attendant or guest.
About planned service changes
Check the Planned Service Changes page for the most up-to-date information on what diversions you can expect during the day, overnight, and over the weekend.
Service changes on the L will continue as planned March 20-23.
Service changes on the F in southern Brooklyn have been postponed.
- MTA Customer Service Center in Lower Manhattan
- MTA Metro-North Customer Service Center in Grand Central Terminal.
- MTA lost and found offices
- The Station Master’s Office at Grand Central Terminal
- The OMNY customer service center will be operating at reduced hours. Starting at 5 p.m. Friday, March 20, the service center will be open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For the latest MTA updates Covid-19 CLICK HERE