Summer is here and Muni and AC Transit are updating service in order to address crowding, wait times, and to support increased summer tourism. Service changes include extended service, additional trips, stop changes, and more.
See below for details:
Muni – Saturday, June 10th
The route will have additional service between California Stree tand Presidio Avenue – where demand is highest – on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
1X California Express
Service will start at 7:30 a.m. instead of 8 a.m., in response to customer feedback, as well as adding stops at Cherry, Spruce, and Laurel Streets and Presidio Avenue.
Evening service to the Presidio at 30 Stockton will be extended seven days a week. The last trip from the Sports Basement will depart at 8:30 p.m. instead of 8 p.m.
5 Fulton Owl
Service will be extended from McAllister and Jones Streets to 4th and Market Streets, which will provide a connection to Market Street for customers.
F Market & Wharves
In order to support summer tourism, supplemental bus service will be added on the weekend afternoons between the Ferry Building and Fisherman’s Wharf from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Other upcoming changes include frequency increases on the following lines:
- 28 19th Avenue – Weekdays and weekends from 10 minutes to 9 minutes during peak morning service and from 12 minutes to 10 minutes during midday
- 38R Geary Rapid – Weekdays from 7 minutes to 6 minutes all day
- 44 O’Shaughnessy – Weekdays from 12 minutes to 10 minutes
On the 15 Bayview Hunters Point Express, Muni is improving access to the shops, banks and supermarket at the Southeast Center by moving the northbound bus stop at 3rd and Evans Street from north of Evans to south of Evans.
On the 27 Bryant, Muni is improving accessibility and reliability by upgrading flag stops to bus zones on Leavenworth and Turk, Post, Sutter, Bush, and Pine streets, inbound, and on Bush and Leavenworth outbound. And adding inbound and outbound stops at Valencia and 24th streets to restore the connection there for customers.
AC Transit – Sunday, June 11th
Highlights of changes:
- Lines 600–699, and trips on other routes that provide extra service to schools, are suspended for the summer.
- All Nighter lines that serve Downtown Oakland detoured off of Broadway between T. L. Berkley Way (20th St.) and 14th St. This change went into effect March 31.
- To provide a consistent level of service, late-night trips on Tempo Line 1T do not serve Uptown Oakland due to street closures in Downtown Oakland. This change went into effect on March 31.
- Schedule and routing changes on Line 78 to better match it to the Alameda Seaplane Ferry schedule.
Other changes effective Sunday, June 11:
- 1T – Due to street closures, late-night trips on Tempo Line 1T will not serve Uptown Oakland. This change went into effect on March 31 but is now reflected in the schedules and other online information sources. Other minor schedule changes to late-night trips.
- 57 – Schedule changes for most weekday trips. Trips that operate on school days only are suspended for the summer.
- 78 – Schedule changes on all trips to better match the Alameda Seaplane Ferry schedule. Line 78 no longer serves West Hornet Ave. at Ferry Point (USS Hornet Sea, Air & Space Museum). Instead, Line 78 will terminate at the Alameda Seaplane Lagoon Ferry Terminal before looping back to Fruitvale BART via West Oriskany Ave., Viking St., West Atlantic Ave., and Ferry Point.
- 95 – Trips that operate on school days only are suspended for the summer. Weekday and weekend schedules for trips to Fairview District will be the same.
- 800, 802, 805, 840, and 851 – Detoured off of Broadway between T. L. Berkley Way (20th St.) and 14th St. due to weekend street closures along Broadway and Telegraph Ave. in Downtown Oakland. This change went into effect on March 31 but is now reflected in the schedules and other online information sources. Other minor schedule changes.
- Other – Trips that operate on school days only are suspended for the summer. These are on lines 33, 39, 51A, 72M, 76, 93, 97, and 600 through 699. Minor schedule changes are made on Line O.
You Ride, We Guide,
The USA Moovit Team