This Week In a Glance
The following are the updates to our public transport services for this coming week & during Merdeka Day so you can plan ahead for your commute like a PRO!
1. Changes to LRT Ampang & Sri Petaling Line due to Civil Structure Failure near Bandaraya Station
Due to a crack in the pillar supporting the track viaduct in between Masjid Jamek & Bandaraya was found on 27 January 2023, all services on the LRT Ampang Line & LRT Sri Petaling Line will be running on the following arrangement
- Services from Ampang & Sri Petaling will terminate at Hang Tuah
- Services from Sentul Timur will terminate at Bandaraya with a frequency of 6 minutes during peak hours and 8 minutes during non-peak hours. Weekends will be running with an 8-minute frequency.
- Shuttle service serving Hang Tuah, Plaza Rakyat, & Masjid Jamek will run to connect passengers between these stations
- Free Rail Replacement Bus available for the following sectors
- LRT 10: Rail Replacement bus between Masjid Jamek & Bandaraya with a 10-minute frequency. More departures may be added depending on number of passengers.
- LRT 11, LRT14, and LRT14 Rail Replacement Bus had been withdrawn.
2. Activation of Women’s Coach Segment in MRT Kajang Line
From 18 September 2023 onward, the trial run of the Women’s Coach will be activated in the MRT Kajang Line Service for the comfort and safety of women commuters. The train segment had been marked with pink designated for women along with the waiting area on the platform. The Women’s coach is located middle of the train.
3. Rapid Bus Open Day
Rapid Bus, the operator of MRT Feeder Bus, LRT Feeder Bus, PJ City Bus, selected Smart Selangor Bus, and RapidKL Bus Services, will be organising Open Day on 23 & 24 September, 9am to 5pm at the Cheras Selatan Rapid Bus Complex. Shuttle service will also be provided for the convenience of visitors. Details will be made available soon.
4. Diversion on Service 170
From 18 September 2023 onward, there will be diverted to end at Titiwangsa MRT Station (from originally LRT Sentul). Passengers who wish to travel to Sentul may connect their journey with LRT Ampang via Titiwangsa station.
There will be 2 bus stops abandoned:
– Menara Orkid (Opp) KL1516
– LRT Sentul KL663
For station-specific service information, do check it out in the Moovit App.
You ride, Moovit guides!