This Week In a Glance
The following are the updates to our public transport services for this coming week & during Merdeka Day so you can plan ahead for your commute like a PRO!
1. Changes to LRT Ampang & Sri Petaling Line due to Civil Structure Failure near Bandaraya Station
Due to a crack in the pillar supporting the track viaduct in between Masjid Jamek & Bandaraya was found on 27 January 2023, all services on the LRT Ampang Line & LRT Sri Petaling Line will be running on the following arrangement. The service are expected to be fully recovered in Feberuary 2024.
- Services from Ampang & Sri Petaling will terminate at Hang Tuah
- Services from Sentul Timur will terminate at Bandaraya with a frequency of 6 minutes during peak hours and 8 minutes during non-peak hours. Weekends will be running with an 8-minute frequency.
- Shuttle service serving Hang Tuah, Plaza Rakyat, & Masjid Jamek will run to connect passengers between these stations
- Free Rail Replacement Bus available for the following sectors
- LRT 10: Rail Replacement bus between Masjid Jamek & Bandaraya with a 10-minute frequency. More departures may be added depending on number of passengers.
- LRT 11, LRT14, and LRT14 Rail Replacement Bus had been withdrawn.
2. Special Shuttle in Conjunction with MotoGP
In conjunction with the upcoming MotoGP on 10 to 12 November, Rapid KL will provide special shuttle service for MotoGP fans to travel to the Sepang Circuit on all 3 race days. The shuttle will be available from Pasar Seni, KLCC, and KLIA2 with services toward Sepang Circuit from 8am to 1pm, and returning service from 4pm to 7pm. Advance tickets sales are now available at the following locations
- LRT Station Customer Service Counter: KLCC, KL Sentral, Masjid Jamek, Pasar Seni (6.30am – 11.00pm, 25 October to 12 November)
- MyRapid Concession Card Counter Pasar Seni (9.00am – 4.00pm, 25 October to 12 November. Except Sundays)
- Counter No 10, Gateway@KLIA2 Transport Hub (8.00am – 1.00pm, 10 November to 12 November)
- Online at via RapidKL Website at https://shop.myrapid.com.my/product-category/rapidkl-pass/motogp/
New Feature: Drive, Park, & Ride
Station far away and no bus service from your home? Since October 2023, we have added a Drive, Park, and Ride section in your trip suggestion to allow even further reach by driving your vehicle to the station and riding the train to the destination.
For station-specific service information, do check it out in the Moovit App.
You ride, Moovit guides!