Coronavirus Updates for July 27 – August 2, 2020
Updated Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 10:13 AM
The following changes to service and operations have been made to protect the health and safety of essential workers who rely on public transit, as well as our frontline staff.
- All riders and employees are required to wear face coverings while riding the T.
- Service levels prioritize essential travel for healthcare and emergency workers.
- Shared trips on The RIDE have been eliminated. RIDE customers can still bring a personal care attendant or guest on their trip.
- The CharlieCard Store is closed until further notice.
- New protective barriers and decals have been installed at the front of vehicles to help maintain distance between riders and operators, allowing MBTA to resume front-door boarding on buses and at street-level trolley stops. Riders who are able should board at the front door and exit at the rear door. (Note: Shuttles between North Station and Lechmere will continue to board at the rear door until further notice.)
- Standard fare collection processes have resumed on buses and trolleys, and will resume on August 1 on The RIDE.
- Bus operators have the option—with approval from the Control Center—to bypass a stop if they feel the bus is becoming too crowded to safely accommodate any more riders.
- Stations and vehicles are being cleaned and sanitized with increased frequency.
More COVID updates HERE
Weekday Service Levels, July 27 – 31
Bus and Silver line
🚍 Modified weekday service on high-demand routes.
⛔ No service on the following routes: CT2, CT3, 4, 27, 52, 62*, 67, 68, 72, 76*, 79, 84, 85, 114, 121, 131, 170, 202, 214, 217, 221, 325, 326, 351, 352, 424, 428, 434, 439, 451, 456, 501, 502, 503, 505, 554, 556, and 558.
*Note: Routes 62 and 76 have been replaced by Route 62/76.
Regular weekday service on all lines.
Note that scheduled shuttles are running:
Cleveland Circle – Kenmore through August 1
Lechmere – North Station through Spring 2021
🚐 All trips must be booked 1 – 3 days in advance. Previously booked trips are not affected by this change.
The RIDE will make every effort to eliminate transfer trips to reduce customer interaction with multiple drivers. Shared trips have been eliminated. RIDE customers can still bring a personal care attendant or guest on their trip.
Weekend Service Levels, August 1 – 2
⛴️ Ferry will be out of service for the Weekend of August 1-2
Shuttle buses replace Red Line service between Braintree and Quincy Center from Mon – Thu beginning at 8:45 PM through the end of service from July 20 – Aug 27.
Green Line C
Shuttle buses replace Green Line C Branch service from 8:45 PM on July 5 to August 1 for accelerated track work
Green Line E
Shuttle buses replace Green Line E Branch service from August 2 – 29 for accelerated track work.
Shuttle buses replace Blue Line service between Bowdoin and Airport on weekends from August 1 – 30 for track and infrastructure work.
Friday, July 31, buses replace trains between Framingham & South Station all day for Worcester Line PTC implementation work. There will be no service at Boston Landing and Lansdowne. Buses will operate on the train schedule.
Shuttle buses will replace train service between Greenbush and South Station on Saturday, August 1 and Sunday, August 2, to allow for maintenance work.
On July 31 & Aug 7, buses replace all outbound trains after 9:30 pm & inbound trains 180 (9:22 pm from Newburyport), 128 (10:20 pm from Rockport) & 182 (11:03 pm from NBP) between Salem & Newburyport/Rockport to allow for work on the Beverly Drawbridge.
For all service alerts read HERE
The Moovit Team