Coronavirus Updates for July 20 – 26, 2020
The following changes to service and operations have been made to protect the health and safety of essential workers who rely on public transit, as well as our frontline staff.
- All riders and employees are required to wear face coverings while riding the T.
- Shared trips on The RIDE have been eliminated. RIDE customers can still bring a personal care attendant or guest on their trip.
- The CharlieCard Store is closed until further notice.
- MBTA has installed new protective barriers and decals at the front of vehicles to help maintain distance between riders and operators, allowing themto resume front-door boarding on buses and at street-level trolley stops. Riders who are able should board at the front door and exit at the rear door. (Note: Shuttles between North Station and Lechmere will continue to board at the rear door until further notice.)
- Standard fare collection processes will resume at the front doors of buses and trolleys.
- Bus operators have the option—with approval from the Control Center—to bypass a stop if they feel the bus is becoming too crowded to safely accommodate any more riders.
- Stations and vehicles are being cleaned and sanitized with increased frequency.
More COVID updates HERE
Weekday Service Levels, July 20 – 24
- Modified weekday service on high-demand routes.
- Modified Saturday service on most routes.
- No service on the following routes: CT2, CT3, 4, 27, 52, 62*, 67, 68, 72, 76*, 79, 84, 85, 114, 121, 131, 170, 202, 214, 217, 221, 325, 326, 351, 352, 424, 428, 434, 439, 451, 456, 501, 502, 503, 505, 554, 556, and 558.
*Note: Routes 62 and 76 have been replaced by Route 62/76.
Regular weekday service on all lines.
Note that scheduled shuttles are running:
Green Line C Service Changes
Shuttles Between Cleveland Circle and Kenmore July 5 – August 1, 2020
Shuttles started on Sunday, July 5 at 8:45 PM and will run all day, every day.
Shuttles will not stop at Brandon Hall and Kent Street.
Shuttles are accessible to people with disabilities. Some bus shuttles may be provided by third-party contractors and will look different than MBTA buses. Some may provide accessibility via a lift in the back rather than a ramp in front.
Green Line E Service Changes
More info HERE
Between North Station and Lechmere May 24, 2020 – Spring 2021
Shuttles run all day, every day.
More info HERE
Modified weekday service on all lines.
Reduced weekday service for Hingham/Hull.
Regular weekday service for Charlestown. For A Map of the route click HERE
Ferry will be out of service for the Weekend of July 25 – 26
All trips must be booked 1 – 3 days in advance. Previously booked trips are not affected by this change.
The RIDE will make every effort to eliminate transfer trips to reduce customer interaction with multiple drivers. Shared trips have been eliminated. RIDE customers can still bring a personal care attendant or guest on their trip.
To cancel or reschedule your trip, call The Ride Access Center (TRAC).
The RIDE Eligibility Center (TREC) is closed until further notice.
The Moovit Team