Greater Manchester Bus Diversions
- Major roadworks are taking place on Great Ancoats Street until the end of 2020. In addition, Hilton Street will be closed between Newton Street and Lever Street and Stevenson Square between Lever Street and Oldham Street. This will affect the following services: 74, 76, 76a, 83, 84, 181, 182, 216, 230 and 231.
- Major roadworks are taking place on Hyde Road with a lane closure (outbound) between Thornwood Avenue and Far Lane until November 2020. The following services are affected: 7, 150, 201, 202, 203, 205, 705, 707.
- Manchester City Council are carrying out resurfacing works on Ashton Old Road from Monday 21 to Sunday 27 September between Pin Mill Brow/Fairfield Street and Viaduct Street (Eastbound only, away from Manchester towards Ashton-Under-Lyne). This will affect the outbound 219 and 220 services which will divert via Hyde Road – rejoining Ashton Old Road from Pottery Lane.
- There is a one way closure of Blackfriars Street between Chapel Street and Deansgate (in that direction) from 3.30pm each day for a duration expected to be 18 months. This is affecting the following services: 8, 10, 27, 67, 67A, 93, 97, 98 100, X41, X43.
- Madames Wood Road will be closed between its junctions with Hilton Lane and Longshaw Drive from Wednesday 7 to Wednesday 28 October. This closure will be in place on weekdays only from 9.30am to 3.30pm and will affect the 36 service.
- There will be a one way Northbound Road closure in place on A576 Cromwell Road at the junction with Littleton Road from Monday 19 October to Monday 30 November. This will affect the 10, 27, 52, 75 and 95 services.
- Streetbridge Road, Royton, is closed until approximately early September 2020. During this time, the 412, 795, 831 and 832 services will be affected as well as bus stops ED0380, ED0250, ED0248, ED0249, ED0247, ED0246, ED0245, ED0244, ED0243, ED0242, ED0241.
- Chadderton Park Road is closed until Monday 19 October. This will affect the 419 service.
- Milnrow Road is closed between Beale Lane and Edmund Street until Friday 16 October. This will affect the 57, 181, 182 and 408 services.
- Ashton Road West (in Failsworth) will be closed from Friday 16 to Sunday 25 October which will affect the 52, 151 and 159 services.
- Chadderton Hall Road will be closed from Monday 19 to Friday 23 October. This closure will be in place from 9am to 6pm each day and will affect the 402, 795, 831, 837 and 832 services.
- Lane closures and bus stand upgrades are taking place at Pendleton Shopping Centre, along Hankinson Way. This scheme is expected to last until late 2020. Bus stops A, B, C, D, H, J, K and L are affected. The 10, 27, 29, 34, 34A, 37, 38, 50, 52, 53, 67, 70, 73, 74, 75, 79, 95 and 100 services are affected.
- Bus stop EH 0154 at Tameside Hospital is closed until further notice. Passengers for the 231 and 350 should use the stop on Fountain Street instead.
- Henrietta Street is closed until further notice due to emergency works taking place which is affecting the following services: 231, 237, 337, 346, 348, 350, 356 and 389.
- Katherine Street is closed overnight until Friday 16 October. This closure will take place from 8pm to 6am each night and will affect the following services: 41A, 216, 216N, 291, 219N, 330, 335 and 347.
- Barrington Road closed at junction of Gaskill Road and Sandiway Road on Monday 15 June for up to 18 months. The following services will be affected: 19, CAT5/5A, 245, 247, 263 and 281.
- Cross Street will be closed overnight between junction of Ashfield Road and School Road from Thursday 22 to Tuesday 27 October. This closure will take place from 8pm to 6am each night and will affect the 245 and 263 services.
Merseyside Bus Diversions
- Acre Lane (Bromborough) – Routes 38, 38A and 38B are affected – Acre Lane will be closed, between Dawpool Drive and Ashfield Crescent, from Monday 4 May 2020 until further notice.
- Bridges Lane (Sefton) – Routes 133 and 737 are affected – Bridges Lane will be closed, between Brickwall Lane and Mill Weir Gardens, on Friday 23 October 2020.
- Burtonhead Road (St Helens) – Route 12 is affected – Burtonhead Road will be closed (northbound), between Milverny Way and the Recycling Centre, from Monday 4 May 2020 until further notice.
- Cowley Hill Lane (St Helens) – Routes 60 and 716 are affected – Cowley Hill Lane will be closed, between Dentons Green Lane and Keswick Road, from Saturday 24 October 2020 for approximately one week.
- Edge Lane (Wavertree) – Route 7 is affected – Edge Lane will be closed (outbound only), from Holt Road to St Oswalds Street, Tuesday 13 September 2020 for approximately 18 nights, from 2000 to 0600 each night.
- Helena Road (Bold) – Routes 39, 39A, 141, 774, 920 and C40 are affected – Helena Road will be closed, between Station Road and Eliza Road, from Friday 23 October 2020 for approximately 4 days.
- Kingsley Road (Liverpool) – Route 204 is affected – From Monday 17 August 2020 Kingsley Road will be closed from the junction of Upper Parliament Street to the junction of Princes Avenue in a southbound direction only. The closure is expected to be in place until Spring 2021.
- Queens Road (Southport) – Route 714 is affected – Due to issues with the left turn on Queens Road, route 714 will be diverted until further notice.
- Prescot Bus Station (Prescot) – Routes 10, 61, 89, 99, 239, 248 and C50 are affected – Prescot Bus Station will be closed from Monday 28 September 2020 for approximately 2 months.
- School Lane (Knowsley Village) – Routes 3/3A, 14B, 14C, 227, 898 and 899 are affected – School Lane will be closed, between Moorgate Road South and Knowsley Lane, from Monday 26 October 2020 for approximately 6 weeks.
- South Road (Waterloo) – Route 53 is affected – South Road will be closed, between Lorne Road and Brighton Road, on Sunday 25 October 2020 for one day only.
- Stanley Road (Huyton) – Route 245 is affected – Stanley Road will be closed, between Rupert Road and Cassino Road, on Saturday 24 October 2020 for approximately one day.
- Tower Wharf (Birkenhead) – Routes 409, 411 and 811 are affected – Tower Wharf will be closed, at Tower Road, from Monday 8 June 2020 until approximately February 2021.
- Town Lane (Kew) – Route 300 is affected – Town Lane will be closed, between Birkdale Cop and Wight Moss Way, from Monday 8 June until approximately December 2021.
- Townsend Avenue (Norris Green) – Routes 14, 14A and 14B are affected – Townsend Lane will be closed until approximately Thursday 22 October 2020.
- Waddicar Lane (Waddicar) – Routes 36, 345, 722, 727 and 728 are affected – Waddicar Lane will be closed, between Station Road and Rainbow Drive, from Monday 17 August 2020 for approximately 10 weeks.
- Water Street (city centre) – Routes 17, 19, 20/20X and 21 are affected – Water Street will be closed from Sunday 18 October 2020 for approximately 2 weeks. As a result, some buses will be diverted.
- Woolton Road (Allerton) – Routes 188 and 661 are affected – Woolton Road will be closed (southbound only), from Hillfoot Avenue to Allerton Road, from Thursday 1 October 2020 for approximately 6 weeks.