Greater Manchester Bus Diversions
- Major roadworks are taking place on Great Ancoats Street until the end of 2020. In addition, Hilton Street will be closed between Newton Street and Lever Street and Stevenson Square between Lever Street and Oldham Street. This will affect the following services: 74, 76, 76a, 83, 84, 181, 182, 216, 230 and 231. Click here for more information.
- Major roadworks are taking place on Hyde Road with a lane closure (outbound) between Thornwood Avenue and Far Lane until November 2020. The following services are affected: 7, 150, 201, 202, 203, 205, 705, 707. Click here for more information.
- Manchester City Council are carrying out resurfacing works on Ashton Old Road from Monday 21 to Sunday 27 September between Pin Mill Brow/Fairfield Street and Viaduct Street (Eastbound only, away from Manchester towards Ashton-Under-Lyne). This will affect the outbound 219 and 220 services which will divert via Hyde Road – rejoining Ashton Old Road from Pottery Lane.
- There is a one way closure of Blackfriars Street between Chapel Street and Deansgate (in that direction) from 3.30pm each day for a duration expected to be 18 months. This is affecting the following services: 8, 10, 27, 67, 67A, 93, 97, 98 100, X41, X43.
- Madames Wood Road is closed between its junctions with Hilton Lane and Longshaw Drive until Wednesday 28 October. This closure will be in place on weekdays only from 9.30am to 3.30pm and will affect the 36 service.
- There is a one way Northbound Road closure in place on A576 Cromwell Road at the junction with Littleton Road to Monday 30 November. This is affecting the 10, 27, 52, 75 and 95 services.
- Stitch-Mi-Lane will be closed from Monday 26 to Saturday 31 October which will affect the 507 service.
- On Saturday 31 October, Sunday 1, Wednesday 4 and Thursday 5 November, Trinity Street (Westbound) and Thynne Street (between Trinity Street and Bridgeman Street) will be closed befrom 8pm to 5.30am. In addition, on Monday 2, Tuesday 3, Friday 6 and Saturday 7 November, Trinity Street (Eastbound) and Newport Street (between Trinity Street and Bolton Interchange) will be closed befrom 8pm to 5.30am. The following services will be affected: 2, 36, 501, 571 and 572.
- Radcliffe Bus Station will be closed for one week from 9:30am on Monday 26 October to Monday 2 November. This will affect the 98, 512, 513 and 524 services.
- Four way Temporary traffic lights are in place at the junctions of Bolton Street/Bridge Street/Carr Street/Ramsbottom Lane until further notice. This is affecting the B1, X41, 273, 472 and 474 services.
- Streetbridge Road, Royton, is closed until approximately early September 2020. During this time, the 412, 795, 831 and 832 services will be affected as well as bus stops ED0380, ED0250, ED0248, ED0249, ED0247, ED0246, ED0245, ED0244, ED0243, ED0242, ED0241.
- Dobcross New Road will be closed from Tuesday 27 to Thursday 29 October which will affect the 350 service.
- Wool Road is closed until Friday 30 October which is affecting the 356 service.
- Lane closures and bus stand upgrades are taking place at Pendleton Shopping Centre, along Hankinson Way. This scheme is expected to last until late 2020. Bus stops A, B, C, D, H, J, K and L are affected. The 10, 27, 29, 34, 34A, 37, 38, 50, 52, 53, 67, 70, 73, 74, 75, 79, 95 and 100 services are affected.
- Bus stop EH 0154 at Tameside Hospital is closed until further notice. Passengers for the 231 and 350 should use the stop on Fountain Street instead.
- Henrietta Street is closed until further notice due to emergency works taking place which is affecting the following services: 231, 237, 337, 346, 348, 350, 356 and 389.
- Sunnyside Road will be closed from Monday 26 October to Monday 9 November (weekdays only) from 9:30 to 4pm which will affect the following services: 230, 231, 768, 864.
- Williamson Lane will be closed until approximately Thursday 29 October which will affect the 217 service.
- Mossley Road will be closed for two consecutive weekends on Saturday 31 October and Sunday 1 November and Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 November. This closure will be in place from 8am to 6pm each day and will affect the 350 service.
- Springs Lane will be closed on Sunday 1 November from 9.30am to 3pm which will affect the 389 service.
- Stockport Road will have a one-way closure in place (weekdays only) from Monday 2 to Friday 6 November. In addition, it will have a two way closure in place from Wednesday 11 to Monday 16 November. This clousre will be taking place from 9am to 4pm. The 219 and 347 services will be affected.
- Barrington Road closed at junction of Gaskill Road and Sandiway Road on Monday 15 June for up to 18 months. The following services will be affected: 19, CAT5/5A, 245, 247, 263 and 281.
- Cross Street will be closed overnight between junction of Ashfield Road and School Road to Tuesday 27 October. This closure will take place from 8pm to 6am each night and will affect the 245 and 263 services.
- Nel Pan Lane will be closed between Shelley Street to Telford Crescent from Monday 26 to Friday 30 October which will affect the 9 service.
Merseyside Bus Diversions
- Berry Street / Great George Street (City Centre) – Routes 82, 82A and 500 are affected – On Thursday 29th October the Berry Street / Great George Street junction will be closed between 19:00 and 06:00 and is expected to be in place for 1 night.
- Acre Lane (Bromborough) – Routes 38, 38A and 38B are affected – Acre Lane will be closed, between Dawpool Drive and Ashfield Crescent, from Monday 4 May 2020 until further notice.
- Aughton Road (Birkdale) – Routes 15 and 15A are affected – Aughton Road will be closed, between Lulworth Road and Eastbourne Road, from Monday 26 October 2020 for approximately 8 days.
- Breck Road (Wallasey) – Route 106 is affected – From Saturday 24 October 2020 until Monday 1st November 2020 Breck Road will be closed in the southbound direction from the junction of Huws Gray Access Road to the junction of Poulton Bridge Road to facilitate carriageway resurfacing. The closure is expected to be in place for 8 days.
- Burtonhead Road (St Helens) – Route 12 is affected – Burtonhead Road will be closed (northbound), between Milverny Way and the Recycling Centre, from Monday 4 May 2020 until further notice.
- County Road (Walton) – Routes 20, 20X, 21, 68, 68A, 68E, 310 and 345 are affected – County Road will be closed, between Spellow Lane and Dumbarton Street, from Monday 26 October 2020 for approximately 12 nights, from 1900 until 0600 each night.
- Cowley Hill Lane (St Helens) – Routes 60 and 716 are affected – Cowley Hill Lane will be closed, between Dentons Green Lane and Keswick Road, from Saturday 24 October 2020 for approximately one week.
- Delph Lane (Prescot) – Routes 89 and 289 are affected – Delph Lane will be closed, between Warrington Road and Two Butt Lane, on Saturday 31 October and Sunday 1 November 2020.
- Edge Lane (Wavertree) – Route 7 is affected – Edge Lane will be closed (outbound only), from Holt Road to St Oswalds Street, Tuesday 13 September 2020 for approximately 18 nights, from 2000 to 0600 each night.
- Green Lane (Tuebrook) – Routes 62 and 68/68A/68E are affected – Green Lane will be closed, between West Derby Road and Lister Drive, from Monday 26 October 2020 for approximately 6 nights, from 1900 until 0530 each night.
- Kingsley Road (Liverpool) – Route 204 is affected – From Monday 17 August 2020 Kingsley Road will be closed from the junction of Upper Parliament Street to the junction of Princes Avenue in a southbound direction only. The closure is expected to be in place until Spring 2021.
- Moss Lane (Little Crosby/ Hightown) – Route 206 is affected – Moss Lane will be closed on Monday 2 November 2020 for 7 days.
- Queens Road (Southport) – Route 714 is affected – Due to issues with the left turn on Queens Road, route 714 will be diverted until further notice.
- Prescot Bus Station (Prescot) – Routes 10, 61, 89, 99, 239, 248 and C50 are affected – Prescot Bus Station will be closed from Monday 28 September 2020 for approximately 2 months.
- Priory Road (Anfield) – Route 68/68A/68E is affected – Priory Road will be closed, between Walton Lane and Anfield Crematorium, from Wednesday 14 October 2020 for approximately 2 weeks.
- School Lane (Knowsley Village) – Routes 3/3A, 14B, 227 and 899 are affected – School Lane will be closed (eastbound only), between Moorgate Road South and Knowsley Lane, from Monday 26 October 2020 for approximately 6 weeks.
- St. James Road (Birkenhead) – Routes 38/38A, 407, 418, 492 and 495 are affected – St James Road will be closed from the junction of Laird Street to the junction of Hoylake Road and Tollemache Road from Monday 26th October 2020 until Thursday 29th October 2020 and also on Monday 2nd November 2020 until Thursday 5th November 2020 from 1900 until 0000 to facilitate carriageway resurfacing.
- Tower Wharf (Birkenhead) – Route 811 is affected – Tower Wharf will be closed, at Tower Road, from Monday 8 June 2020 until approximately February 2021.
- Waddicar Lane (Waddicar) – Routes 36, 345, 722, 727 and 728 are affected – Waddicar Lane will be closed, between Station Road and Rainbow Drive, from Monday 17 August 2020 for approximately 10 weeks.
- Water Street (city centre) – Routes 17, 19, 20/20X and 21 are affected – Water Street will be closed from Sunday 18 October 2020 for approximately 3 weeks. As a result, some buses will be diverted.
- Woolton Road (Allerton) – Routes 188 and 661 are affected – Woolton Road will be closed (southbound only), from Hillfoot Avenue to Allerton Road, from Thursday 1 October 2020 for approximately 6 weeks.