Randolph/Wabash Station Closure & NEW Washington/Walbash Station Open
L Lines affected
- Pink Line
- Green Line
- Brown Line
- Orange Line
- Purple Line Express
- Sunday, September 03, 2017 – 2:30 AM to TBD
How does this affect my trip?
- The Randolph/Wabash station on the Loop elevated will be closed.
- Please use the new, ADA-accessible, adjacent Washington/Wabash station, located one block south, starting August 31.
Why is service being changed?
- The Randolph/Wabash station is being closed due to its replacement by the new, modern Washington/Wabash station.
A little bit about Chicago’s newest station
The brand new Washington/Wabash station has three levels – street, mezzanine and platform – and was constructed to enhance passenger convenience, improve train speeds, decrease operating costs and provide ADA accessibility so that all riders can easily use the station. Accessible from both Washington and Madison, the new station includes the following amenities:
- Street-to-Mezzanine Escalator (accessed from north end of station)
- Four elevators (street-to-mezzanine and mezzanine-to-platform for both platforms)
- Four entrance/exit stairs
- Real-time train arrival information
- Security monitoring equipment
- Modern “signature canopy” that provides continuous coverage along the platform
- Longer than average platform:
- Provides an increase in entering/exiting capacity
- Provides enhanced passenger convenience and safety