Updated as of June 1st, 2021
- Transit Development Plan guides decisions about existing and future services. Miami Dade wants to hear from you regarding #MDT10Ahead strategic vision. Feel free to have your opinions be heard by contributing to the survey today: bit.ly/MDT10Ahead2021
- All transit fares are suspended until June 1, 2021.
- Auto reloads for monthly pass holders will be suspended until June 1.
- Metrobus customers will be required to board through the vehicle’s rear entrance. Accommodations for riders with disabilities will continue to be made.
- Blocked seats closer to operator’s cabin to ensure social distancing
- For up-to-the-minute alerts see the agency Twitter feed HERE
- Miami-Dade County offices will be closed and transit fares and fees remain suspended at this time. Don’t forget your mask if you’re riding with MDT.
- Transit fares will be reinstated
- Passengers are reminded the forms of payment accepted are: mobile passes, contactless-enabled bank cards, digital wallets, pre-loaded EASY Card or Ticket, or cash
- Parking fees will be reinstated
- Passengers can pay for parking via the Ticket Vending Machine or the PayByPhone app
- Residents who have suffered economic hardships may be eligible for free or reduced fare programs, call 786-469-5151
- Additional questions or concerns, call the EASY Card Customer Service team at 786-469-5151
Routes C, L, M, S, 120 & 150 –
- Southbound buses are detoured from Indian Creek between 41 St. & 26 St. Buses & southbound bus stops are detoured to Collins Ave. Temporary stops on Collins Ave will be located at 40 St., 35 St., 32 St., 28 St., & 26 St. Due to road construction.
Route 7 –
- Please be advised trips are detoured from NW 17 St. between NW 111 Ave and NW 107 Ave. Buses will turn right onto NW 108 Ave then turn right on NW 18 St. and exit onto NW 14 St. via NW 107 Ave, then turn right at NW 111 Ave back to NW 17 St. Due to road construction.
Route 37 – Cocoplum Circle Bridge detour: Effective Monday, April 5, 2021, duration unknown:
- Trips are detoured from Cocoplum Circle Bridge between SW 72 St./Sunset Dr. and LeJeune Rd.
- Northbound trips will turn left onto Granada Blvd. from SW 72 St./Sunset Dr. then turn right on Hardee Rd. and exit onto Edgewater Dr. via LeJeune Rd.
- Southbound trips will travel on Ingraham Terr./Hwy then turn right onto LeJeune Rd., turn left on Hardee Rd. and exit onto SW 72 St./Sunset Dr. via Granada Blvd.
- Due to bridge repairs.
Route 27: Effective Friday, March 26, 2021, duration unknown:
- Trips traveling eastbound on NW 211 St are detoured between NW 30 Ave and NW 28 Ct.
- Detoured to NW 210 Terr.
- Due to road construction.
Route 12, 17 & 24 – SW 31 Rd. detour: Effective from Monday, March 29, 2021, until approximately Monday, May 31, 2021:
- Northbound trips are detoured from SW 31 Rd. between the Vizcaya Metrorail station and SW 30 Rd.
- Trips will exit the Vizcaya station and turn right onto SW 1 Ave., turn left onto SW 30 Rd. & exit via SW 3 Ave (Coral Way).
- Due to road closures.
Route 24: Effective Wednesday, March 17, 2021, duration unknown:
- Detoured due to railroad track repairs at Coral Way (SW 24 St) and SW 72 Ave.
- Eastbound trips are detoured from Coral Way (SW 24 St.) between SW 72 Ave & SW 71 Ave.
- Detoured to N Waterway Dr and SW 70 Ct.
- Westbound trips detoured between SW 69 Ave & SW 72 Ave.
- Detoured to SW 22 St.
- Green Line trains will operate every 10 – 15 minutes until 8 p.m.
- Passengers heading to the Miami Airport station will need to transfer to the Earlington Heights station for the Orange Line train. Orange Line trains will run every 15 minutes all day.
- On Saturday and Sunday, May 15-16, the entire Metromover system will open at 11 A.M. due to track repair work. A free bus shuttle service will be provided from 5 A.M. to 11 A.M. Please plan accordingly.
- Metromover has resumed regular service from 5 A.M. to 12 A.M. daily
- The average frequency will be approximately five minutes all day weekdays
For more MDT transit service information see the agency website here
- SFRTA/Tri-Rail Fares have resumed
- Tri-Rail’s schedule is now up to over 90% service pre-COVID. To learn more click HERE
Tri-Rail’s Commuter Connector buses are no longer in service. Passengers traveling on these routes can request a complimentary ride for a limited time by one of the following:
- Routes in Broward CountyCC-1, CC-2, CC-3, DB-1, FL-1, FL-2, FL-3, and PB-1, will be served by Uber or Yellow Cab Broward.
- Routes in Palm Beach CountyBR-1, LKW-1, and WPB-1 weekdays will be served by Palm Tran.
- Routes DB-2, SS-1, and WPB-1 weekend remain temporarily suspended.
- For more info. on Commuter Connector bus suspensions click HERE
Broward County Transit (BCT) Update
Bus fare collections resume Tuesday, June 1, 2021.
Routes 1, 5, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20, 28, 30, 36, 40, 50, 55 and 81
- New Schedules will be implemented starting on April 4, 2021 for these routes
- More info. can be found HERE
- Express buses now operate on 30-minute schedules.
- For more information see the agency service changes and agency website here
- For further agency alerts see this LINK
Palm Tran Update
- Since September 14, Palm Tran has instituted ‘Saturday Service’ weekly
- Further info. for the COVID updated schedules can be found on the agency website HERE
- All fixed-route, Connection and Go Glades riders will board through the front doors and be required to pay the fare to ride.Please have your bus pass or cash fare ready!
- For Palm Tran alerts see the agency website HERE
Key West Transit
- Key West Transit is running on a Regular Weekday Schedule
- For more info. see the agency website HERE
Treasure Coast Connector (St Lucie County) Update
- Treasure Coast Connector is running on a regular Bus Service running on a Weekday Schedule
- The Treasure Coast Connector has several fixed routes that run through Port St. Lucie. Namely routes 1, 2, and 3 and connects to other routes along the way.
- Treasure Coast Connector transit is running regular schedules for its routes. For more info. on route scheduling see the agency website here
- All fixed-route buses are free and additional steps are being taken to make sure our drivers and passengers are safe as our area continues to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic
MARTY (Martin County Transit) Update
- Regular MARTY Bus Service running on a Weekday Schedule
- MARTY is continuing to provide essential service by running regular schedules while social distancing recommendations are to be followed by passengers
- To minimize interaction between patrons and bus operators, MARTY is suspending the sale of onboard bus passes and farebox collection until further notice
- For more info. on bus schedules see the agency website
Go Line (Indian River Public Transit) Update
- Regular Bus Service running on a Weekday Schedule for the Go Line
- GoLine buses operate weekdays from 6:00 a.m. through 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday service is offered from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- Brightline service is suspended until further notice
- For more information see Brightline’s agency website HERE