Moovit is ensuring that our data is updated so that those needing to travel are provided with accurate information.
The government has announced that from March 24th everyone must stay home, except in special circumstances such as shopping for food, health reasons or essential work.
This page was last updated 30th March 2020.
- Bristol Ferries have suspended all their services
- All metrobus services are operating emergency timetables.
- BathNES Council
- Services 752, 7754 suspended
- Carmel Bristol
- Services X5, 88, A5 suspended
- Service 144 suspended
- CT Coaches
- Service 404 suspended
- Eagle Coaches
- Service 950 suspended.
- Services 913, 968, 888A, 888B suspended.
- Taylors Travel
- Services MC5, S7C, S8, X6 suspended.
- Services 287, 270, 271, 272, X83, X86, X67, X72 suspended.
- First buses
- Services 22, 71, 177, 37A, m3x, R2, SB1, U2, U2, U3, U6, X1x, X49, 1, 6, 7, 18, 21, 41, 3A, 42A, U1, X39, X6 suspended.
- Services A1, A3, Brislington Park and Ride, D3, m2, X3, X4, X8, 9, m3, 9, 35, 37, 24A suspended from 5th April.
- Services 411, 432, 680, 860, 862, 922, 924, 948, 963, 967, 3A, 3B, 3C, 3X, X14 are suspended.
- Rail services
- Timetables are being reduced, and some services cancelled last minute.
Current advice for using transport safely:
- Consider changing the time when you need to use public transport. Travelling outside of peak times will help reduce the number of people using the network at the same time and support social distancing measures that are currently in place.
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitiser whenever soap and water are unavailable.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, and then place the tissue into the bin straight away.
- Try to use contactless payments.
You can read more on general health information and advice on Coronavirus (COVID-19) here.