MTA Essential Service during the COVID-19 pandemic so the agency can get health-care workers, first responders, and other essential personnel where they need to go. MTA is running as much service as we can with the crews who are healthy and available to work, but service on many lines is limited
MTA Subway and Bus Updates:
- Beginning on June 8th, Normal weekday subway service. MTA is ramping up to weekday service on most lines.
- There is no subway service from 1 a.m. to 5 a.m. while the MTA disinfects trains and stations. The Staten Island Railway will continue running during this time.
- MTA will be running an enhanced bus service between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. to help get essential workers where they need to go. If bus service is not an option, essential workers can use MTA’s Essential Connector program
- See options for overnight travel
- Staten Island Railway service runs hourly.
- Restored service on express buses
- Normal weekday school-closed bus schedules
- To see more information about both the subway and bus service, see the agency link found HERE
To view up-to-the-minute Subway updates and alerts see the agency website twitter feed here
To view up-to-the-minute Bus updates and alerts see the agency website twitter feed here
MTA Long Island Railroad Updates:
- Beginning on June 8th, More frequent service, including some weekday service to Long Island City and Hunterspoint Avenue.
- About 90% of regular weekday trains are resuming operation.
- Ticket offices at Penn Station, Jamaica Station, and Atlantic Terminal will reopen.
- June 27-28, there will be no train service between Hicksville & Mineola as we replace the Glen Cove Rd bridge in Carle Place. Avoid Huntington/Pt. Jeff & Ronkonkoma branches next weekend. Take Babylon/Hempstead/Montauk branches instead.
- For more info. on LIRR see the link found HERE
To view up-to-the-minute LIRR updates and alerts see the agency website twitter feed here
MTA Metro-North Railroad Updates:
- More trains during peak hours. MTA is adding trains on the Harlem, Hudson, and New Haven lines during the morning and evening rush.
- Additional service as necessary.
- For more info on the service increase see the link found HERE
- See agency website here for more info
To view up-to-the-minute Metro-North updates and alerts see the agency website twitter feed here
NJ Transit Updates
NJ Transit Train Updates:
- NJ TRANSIT rail is operating weekday service on a Presidents Day schedule with enhancements. Please visit the NJ TRANSIT website for the updated schedules.
NJ Transit Bus Updates:
- NJ TRANSIT bus service is running on a modified service level while extra service has been added for certain trips. Please visit the NJ TRANSIT website for the updated schedules.
For agency Bus Updates and alerts see the agency twitter for South Jersey here & North Jersey here
NJ Transit Light Rail Updates:
- NJ Transit light rail service is running on a reduced service schedule.
- Hudson-Bergen Light Rail service is operating on a weekend schedule to accommodate essential travel due to the decline in ridership related to COVID-19. The weekend HBLR schedule operates service approximately every 20 minutes.
- Newark Light Rail Mainline weekday service is operating every 10 minutes from 6:00 AM until 8:00 PM weekdays. After 8:00 PM, Mainline trains will return to their regular level of service. Broad Street Extension service levels will remain as currently configured (Every 10 minutes morning and afternoon peak. Every 30 minutes non-peak, weekdays).
- River LINE weekday service is operating on a SUNDAY/HOLIDAY schedule
- Please visit the NJ TRANSIT website for the updated schedules.
Nice Bus Updates
- NICE fixed-route bus service is currently running on its regular schedule Monday thru Saturday. Please visit the agency website for info. on schedules HERE
- Passengers are REQUIRED to wear a face mask or face covering while on the bus for the safety of other riders and operators. Any passenger not wearing a mask may be refused service.