FASTRACK is a subway maintenance, cleaning, and repair program that shuts down segments of a subway line for several hours over consecutive weeknights, allowing our employees to perform a number of critical maintenance jobs. The line shutdown approach has proven successful in that, under normal conditions in our 24/7 system, the scope and breadth of this important work would be impossible to accomplish with customers and trains moving through work areas. Thus far, since FASTRACK began in 2012, the results have had a positive impact on service with a reduction in train delays and a decrease in the number of track fires, while realizing cost efficiencies and a lower accident rate for employees.
FASTRACK begins weeknights at 10:30 PM and ends 5 AM the next morning. This service change will run for three consecutive weeks; from Aug 1 – 5, Aug 8 – 12 and Aug 15 – 19 nightly, ending Friday morning.
No trains between Lorimer St and Broadway Junction
How will trains operate?
service operates in two sections:
- Between Rockaway Pkwy and Broadway Junction
- Between 8 Av and Lorimer St
- Free shuttle buses make all station stops between Lorimer St and Broadway Junction.
- At Lorimer St, transfer between trains and shuttle buses, located on Metropolitan Av at Union Av.
- At Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs, transfer between trains and shuttle buses, located on Wyckoff Av at Myrtle Av.
- Consider using the or to/from Manhattan, via transfer at Broadway Junction.
- Transfer between trains and free shuttle buses at Broadway Junction, located on Fulton St at Van Sinderen Av.