We’re helping you get to the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023™ with extra services.
The Canada v Australia game will be held at the Melbourne Rectangular Stadium (officially known as AAMI Park) on 31 July 2023. The event kicks off at 8pm and ends at approximately 9.50pm.
Before you travel
Plan your journey using Journey planner and check Disruptions for service changes that may affect your journey.
See below for information about additional train and tram services being offered to get you to and from the game. There are also some disruptions to services which may affect your journey.
- Regular services are running to and from Richmond and Jolimont stations.
After the game there will be an additional metropolitan service to both:
- Heidelberg via Jolimont
- Lilydale via Richmond
- Belgrave via Richmond
- Glen Waverley via Richmond
- Dandenong via Richmond
- Cranbourne via Richmond
- Frankston via Richmond
- Sandringham via Richmond
- Werribee via Flinders Street
- Sunbury via Flinders Street
- Craigieburn via Flinders Street
Disruptions to services
- Buses replace trains between Reservoir and Epping.
- Buses replace trains between Heidelberg and Hurstbridge from 8.30pm.
- Buses replace trains between Dandenong and Pakenham from 9pm.
Glen Waverley, Alamein, Belgrave, Lilydale, Hurstbridge, Mernda, Upfield, Craigieburn, Sunbury lines
- No city loop trains from 10pm.
- Regular services will be running via Route 70 and Route 48 via Wellington Parade.
There will be additional tram services to get you to the game via:
- Route 70a between Stop 6 Flinders Street West and Stop 7D AAMI Park.
There will be additional tram services after the game via:
- Route 70a between Stop 7D AAMI Park and Stop 4 Flinders Street Station/Elizabeth Street.
- Regular services will be running to and from Southern Cross Station.
Disruptions to services
- Coaches replace trains between Southern Cross and Pakenham from 8pm.
- Coaches replace trains between Southern Cross and Caroline Springs.
Bendigo and Echuca lines
- Bendigo and Echuca line trains will run between Sunbury, Bendigo, and Echuca.
- Passengers will travel on Sunbury Line trains between Southern Cross and Sunbury stations.
- Coaches replace trains between Southern Cross and Seymour from 9.30pm.
Swan Hill Line
- Coaches replace trains between Southern Cross and Bendigo.
- Warrnambool Line trains will run between Warrnambool and Geelong.
- Passengers will travel on Geelong Line trains between Geelong and Southern Cross stations.