We have collected several transit changes that are worth getting to know about Memorial and Independence Day.
Memorial Day Eve, May 3rd
On the eve of Memorial Day, May 3, ceremonies will be held throughout the country, during which streets will be closed and stations in many sections will be canceled. During this day, the frequency of bus lines will decrease while bus line to cemeteries will increase their service.
Memorial Day and Independence Day Eve, May 4th
Israel Railways – As every year, on Memorial Day and Independence Day, Israel Railways will operate according to a designated schedule and train service will be operating between Haifa and Tel Aviv stations on the eve of Independence Day.
- Until 15:00 (approximately), trains will operate on a regular Wednesday basis, and from 15:00 until midnight (approximately), the frequency of trains will decrease on most travel lines, and the trains will operate in a one-hour format.
- The service hours of the trains on the Nahariya – Haifa – Tel Aviv – Ben Gurion Airport – Modi’in lines will be extended until 01:00 AM (approximately) and the line will be operated during these hours with a frequency of two trains per hour, in each direction. Trains will stop at the following stations: Nahariya, Acre, Kiryat Motzkin, Kiryat Haim, Hutsot Hamifratz, Merkazit Hamifratz, Haifa Merkaz Hashmona, Haifa Bat Galim, Haifa Hof Hacarmel, Binyamina, Hadera West, Netanya, Herzliya, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv Savidor Center, Tel Aviv Hashalom, Tel Aviv Haganah, Ben Gurion Airport, Pa’atei Modi’in and Modi’in Center.
- There will be slight changes in schedules on the Jerusalem Yitzhak Navon – Herzliya line, and on the Beit She’an – Haifa line (Ha’Emek line).
- Throughout the night between the eve of Independence Day and Independence Day (the night between Wednesday and Thursday), trains will operate between Haifa Central – Haifa Bat Galim – Haifa Hof Hacarmel – Binyamina – Hadera West – Netanya – Tel Aviv Savidor Central and between Jerusalem Yitzhak Navon – Tel Aviv Savidor Central with a frequency of one train, every two hours (approximately) in each direction
Buses – During this day, the frequency of bus lines will decrease.
Jerusalem Light Rail – On Memorial Day, train service will be increased in the direction of Mount Herzl towards the ceremony.
On the eve of Independence Day, the light rail will operate throughout the night.
From 20:00 until 04:00, the stations Jaffa Center, the Davidka, and Mahne Yehuda will be closed and it will not be possible to depart them and entry or exit from the light rail will not be allowed at these stations.
The Light rail will operate on two routes that will lead to celebrations in the city center:
Air Force station to the Municipality station in both directions.
Mount Herzl to the Turim station in both directions.
Independence Day, Thursday, May 5th
Israel Railways – The trains will operate at a frequency of one train per hour, except for the following lines which will operate at a frequency of two trains per hour, at certain hours:
- The Nahariya – Haifa – Tel Aviv – Modi’in line – will operate with a frequency of two trains every hour, between 18:00 and 21:00 (approximately). During the other service hours on this day, the line will operate at a frequency of one train per hour
- The Herzliya – Jerusalem Yitzhak Navon line – will operate with a frequency of two trains every hour between 09:00 and 15:00. During the other service hours on this day, the line will operate at a frequency of one train per hour
Buses – On Independence Day, the frequency of bus lines will decrease.
Jerusalem Light Rail – During Independence Day, the light rail will operate as usual.
Moovit is updated with the latest changes that are being published by the bus operators and the Ministry of Transportation.
The Moovit team