Moovit launches accessible trip planning in Los Angeles
Los Angeles now joins other major US cities such as Boston, Chicago, and Philadelphia, to add wheelchair and stroller accessible routes. The feature directs users around the transportation network efficiently, enabling travelers with restricted mobility to get from A to B confidently.
Test it out
While not all transportation agencies in the LA Metro Area will support accessible trip planning yet, Moovit took special care to provide information regarding the specific transportation agencies that service East LA in advance of the parade Sunday. Accessible trips can be planned with the following transportation agencies:
- Big Blue Bus
- Los Angeles County Shuttles
- Huntington Park
Moovit & Accessibility
Moovit has a history of commitment to accessibility. Moovit is fully VoiceOver (iOS) and TalkBack (Android) accessible for blind users. The integration allows users to explore routes and times before leaving home or work, adding a level of confidence and independence for travelers.
LA Disability Pride Parade Details
The parade brings accessibility advocates together to raise awareness, educate, and celebrate disabilities of all kinds. This is the second year it will take place. The Disability Pride Parade will take place this Sunday, October 8th in East Los Angeles at the East L.A. Civic Center.
- Event registration opens at 9 A.M
- Opening ceremonies at 10 A.M
- The parade/march will begin promptly at 10:30 A.M. and is approximately 1 mile in distance
- Participants will march out of the Civic Center through Civic Center Way toward Mednik Avenue, go North on Mednik Avenue toward Cesar Chavez Avenue and make a u-turn right before Cesar Chavez Avenue and return south on Mednik to return to the Civic Center.)
- At approximately 11:30 A.M. to 12 Noon, the resource fair and festival opens to the public.
- There will be over 40 vendors from various community based organizations and government entities who offer vital programs and services to the disability community.
Want to participate? More details can be found here.