Timings and impact
Today (Thursday 26 January) the following services will be affected:
- No Central line service east of Leytonstone
- Less frequent service on the rest of the Central line (it will start up to an hour later than usual in the morning)
- Waterloo and City line is affected by strike action all day, please check current status before travelling.
All other services will be running normally but are likely to be much busier than usual. We expect these stations and lines to be particularly busy:
- Leytonstone, Leyton, Stratford, Mile End, Liverpool Street, Oxford Circus, Waterloo, Tottenham Court Road, Holborn, Bank, Monument, London Bridge, Embankment, North Ealing and Ealing Common stations
- The Victoria line and stations along it, especially Walthamstow Central
- The Jubilee line between London Bridge and Waterloo
- TfL Rail services between Romford and Stratford, and particularly Ilford station
- London Overground lines and stations between Liverpool Street and Chingford
You may have to queue outside certain stations at peak times and it will take longer than usual to board a train.
We are running a shuttle bus between Epping and Chingford calling at Epping, Debden, Loughton and Chingford providing connections to London Overground services.
It will not call at Theydon Bois. You should go to Epping or Debden for the shuttle bus to Chingford.
Here is a list of buses which will take you into central London or to an alternative rail or Tube service from your usual station on the east end of the Central line:
- Buckhurst Hill, take the 167 to Ilford for TfL Rail services
- Woodford, take the 275 to Walthamstow Central for Victoria line or the 275 to Highams Park for London Overground
- South Woodford, take the 179 to Chingford for London Overground services or the 123 to Blackhorse Road for Victoria line
- Snaresbrook, take the 66, W13 or W14 to Leytonstone for Central line, which will be running a reduced service
- Wanstead, take the 308 to Stratford
- Redbridge, take the 145 or 366 to Ilford for TfL Rail or the 366 to Barking for District and Hammersmith & City line services
- Gants Hill, walk or take the 123, 128,150, 167, 179, 296, 396 or 462 to Ilford for TfL Rail or the 179 to Chingford for London Overground services
- Newbury Park, take the 296 or 396 to Ilford or the 66 to Romford for TfL Rail services
- Barkingside, take the 128 or 247 to Romford or the 128, 150, 167, 462 or 169 to Ilford for TfL Rail or the 169 to Barking for District and Hammersmith & City line services
- Fairlop, take the 150, 167, 169 or 462 to Ilford or the 247 to Romford for TfL Rail, or the 275 to
- Walthamstow Central for Victoria line services, or the 169 to Barking for District and Hammersmith & City
- Hainault, take the 150, 167 or 462 to Ilford or the 247 to Romford for TfL Rail
- Grange Hill, take the 462 to Ilford or the 362 to Chadwell Heath for TfL Rail
- Chigwell, take the 167 to Ilford for TfL Rail into central London
- Roding Valley, take the 549 to Loughton for shuttle services to Chingford for London Overground to central London
Buses between Waterloo and Bank
Use routes 26 and 76.