Here is our weekly travel update to help you get around London this week. Please check if any of the following affects you.
🚇 Tube 🚇
There are no planned closures on the Tube this weekend.
Today, Thursday 17 January, there will be no service between:
- Sydenham and West Croydon after 22:15. This is due to Network Rail track work. Use Southern trains between Sydenham and Norwood Junction. Rail replacement buses will run between Norwood Junction and West Croydon
- Hackney Downs and Chingford after 22:30. This is due to Network Rail track work. Rail replacement buses will run
On Saturday 19 January, there will be no service between South Tottenham and Barking. This is due to Network Rail track and infrastructure work. Use the Victoria line between Seven Sisters (for South Tottenham) and Walthamstow Central. Rail replacement buses will run between Walthamstow Central and Barking.
On Saturday 19 January, there will be an amended timetable between Gospel Oak and South Tottenham. Trains will run every 30 minutes.
A reduced weekend service will continue on this route until further notice due to a lack of available trains. Will continue to run a full timetable on the busier weekday service.
On Sunday 20 January, there will be no service between:
- Gospel Oak and Barking. This is due to Network Rail track and infrastructure work. Rail replacement buses will run between Gospel Oak and Seven Sisters (for South Tottenham) and between Walthamstow Central and Barking. Use the Victoria line or local buses between Seven Sisters and Walthamstow Central
- Sydenham and Crystal Palace. This is due to Network Rail track work. Rail replacement buses will run between Crystal Palace and Norwood Junction / West Croydon
- Romford and Upminster. This is due to Network Rail infrastructure and Crossrail construction work. Use local buses 165, 248 or 370
From Monday 21 until Thursday 24 January, there will be no service between Romford and Upminster after 20:00 each evening. This is due to Network Rail track work. Use local buses 165, 248 or 370.
On Saturday 19 January after 21:00, there will be a reduced service between Paddington and Hayes & Harlington. Trains will run every 30 minutes and will not stop at Acton Main Line. This is due to Crossrail work.
On Sunday 20 January until 06:30, there will be no service between Paddington and Heathrow Terminal 4. Use local buses to continue your journey. Customers traveling to Heathrow should use the Piccadilly line. This is due to Crossrail work.
Bus and road users may be affected by the following changes this weekend. We expect to run a good service, but buses may be delayed, diverted or stop short of their normal destination.
Euston Road – Until tomorrow and potentially through the weekend, lanes one and two of A501 Euston Road will be closed eastbound, with no access to Pentonville Road. Lanes four and five of King’s Cross Road will also be closed northbound, with no access to York Way. This is due to Thames Water emergency works in order to repair a burst water main on Euston Road, by King’s Cross Station.
Holborn – Until 05:00 tomorrow, Friday 18 January, the A40 westbound will be closed at the junction of New Fetter Lane. This is due to Borough resurfacing works.
Putney – Until 17:00 on Monday 21 January, temporary traffic signals and restrictions will be in place on Putney High Street at the junction of Montserrat Road. This is due to Thames Water utility connection works.
Westminster – From 11:30 until 17:00 on Saturday 19 January, there will be a march from Portland Place to Trafalgar Square. At 11:30, a group will form up at Portland Place. From 12:30, they will march to Trafalgar Square via Langham Place, Regent Street, Piccadilly Circus, Haymarket and Pall Mall. There may be several traffic holds and restrictions enforced by the Metropolitan Police. Bus routes 3, 6, 7, 9, 12, 14, 19, 22, 38, 55, 73, 88, 94, 98, 113, 139, 159, 390, 453 and C2 will be diverted from 11:30 to avoid intersecting with the march route.
Central London – From 16:00 on Monday 21 until 21:00 on Friday 25 January, there will be a demonstration in the Tottenham Court area. Delays are expected.