London’s weekend public transport travel updates and advanced warning of closures and planned works. July 28-31, 2016
Annual Prudential Ride London weekend of cycling
The annual Prudential Ride London weekend festival of cycling is taking place this weekend. The routes will be closed to traffic. Road users are advised to avoid the affected areas wherever possible. Buses will be on diversion or stop short of their destinations.
• On Saturday, the event routes are in the City and Westminster. Some roads will be closed from 05:00 until 18:00, although some in central London will reopen later
• On Sunday, the event route is between east, central and southwest London and Surrey. There will be extensive road and bridge closures throughout the day; roads will be closed from 04:00 and will reopen in phases once the event has passed and it is safe to do so
rains will not run between Hampstead/High Barnet/Mill Hill East and Charing Cross/Moorgate while we carry out track replacement work at Camden Town.
There will be no service on the following days for Crossrail construction work:
• This Saturday 30 and Sunday 31 July, between Surrey Quays and Clapham Junction
• This Saturday 30 until Sunday 7 August, between Highbury & Islington and Shadwell
• Monday 1 until Friday 5 August, between Surrey Quays and New Cross
Until February 2017, there are closures on the Gospel Oak to Barking line as follows:
• Trains will not run between South Tottenham and Barking for the entire period
• At weekends, there will be no service between Gospel Oak and Barking
This is while Network Rail carry out major works to enable new, longer trains to run from 2018. For more information, please click here
Bus users may be affected by the following this weekend. While we will try to maintain a good service, buses may be delayed or stop short of their normal destination:
Central London – From 22:00 tonight, Thursday, until 06:00 tomorrow, Friday, Northumberland Avenue will be closed between Victoria Embankment and Trafalgar Square. T
Highbury Corner – From 23:00 on Friday until Wednesday, Highbury Corner and its approaches will be busier than usual and there will be lane restrictions in place, due to bridge replacement work. There will also be a full footpath closure around the station.
Victoria – From 22:00 on Sunday until late August, Buckingham Palace Road will be closed in both directions between Bressenden Place and Victoria Street.
Bethnal Green – From 06:00 until 20:30 on Sunday, there will be road closures in the area, including Derbyshire Street, Voss Street, Hague Street and Mape Street. From 14:00, Dunbridge Street and Hemming Street will also be closed.
South/central London – From 12:00 until 18:00 on Monday, the following roads will be affected and may be closed due to a march: Brixton Road, Kennington Park Road, Kennington Road, Westminster Bridge Road, Westminster Bridge and Parliament Square.