It may disturb your daily commute today, be prepared with Moovit.
Here is all that you should know about today’s Maratha Kranti Morcha…
- All south Mumbai schools will remain closed for a day.
- Traffic jams are expected across the city especially south Mumbai.
- The morcha, will start from Jijamata Udayan at 11 am and terminate at Azad Maidan near CSMT at 5 pm.
- It is expected to culminate 6 km away at Bombay Gymkhana. Authorities fear this will throw traffic in these areas out of gear through the day.
- The traffic department has decided to close some roads and put up parking restrictions to ensure smooth commute
- The traffic department has made arrangements for parking at the vacant space near the Port Trust.
Vehicles coming for Morcha will take following routes:
- Suman Nagar Junction – Bhakti Park Marg – CST (via Eastern Freeway) – Exit through Port Trust Marg
- From Navi Mumbai – via Eastern Freeway – Panjpol Junction (Chembur) – To Bombay Port Trust
- From Thane – via Eastern Express Highway – through Suman Nagar Junction – Bhakti Park Marg – CST (via Eastern Freeway) – Exit through Port Trust Marg
- From Western Express Highway – Santacruz Chembur Link Road – Amar Mahal Junction – Suman Nagar Junction – Bhakti Park Marg – CST (via Eastern Freeway) – Exit through Port Trust Marg
- From Western Link Road and SV Road – Kalanagar junction – Dharavi-Sion railway station – take a left turn towards the highway to reach the Port Trust.
- Citizens participating in the rally will mostly leave for Mumbai on these two days.
- From Pune and neighboring cities will enter Mumbai from the expressway and the old Mumbai highway via Pune.
- From Solapur road – Hadapsar – Gadital-Kondhwa-Katraj bypass-Bangalore highway – Mumbai.
- From Ahmednagar – Wagholi – Yerwada Holkar bridge – Bopodi – Mumbai
Roads will remain closed for all vehicles (except emergency vehicles):
- Dadar Fire Brigade junction – Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Road – towards South
- JJ flyover – Azad Maidan (both directions)
- OSC junction – Hajarimal Somani Marg from – CST (both directions)
- Metro Junction – BMC head office (both directions)
- Bhatiya Baig – CST junction (both directions)
Roads will remain opened for all vehicles:
- King Circle – P Dmello Road
- Dadar TT – Chaar Raasta
- Naigaon crossroad – RAK Marg
- Madame Cama Road – Hutatma Chowk – Kala Ghoda
- NM Joshi Marg – Lower Parel – Worli Naka
- Marine Drive road – Haji Ali – Worli