Marine Corp Marathon – Washington
Metrorail will open two hours early and run additional service for the Marine Corps Marathon on Sunday, October 27, 2019, to provide an easy, efficient option for runners and spectators to get to the start line.
Metrorail will open at 6 a.m. and will operate additional Blue and Yellow line trains to accommodate high ridership for the 44th annual Marine Corps Marathon.
- The closest Metrorail station to the start of the race is Pentagon Station on the Blue and Yellow lines. To accommodate the large crowds expected for the start of the race Pentagon Station will be exit only until 8:30 a.m.
- Arlington Cemetery Station will be closed Sunday until approximately 8:30 a.m.
- Additional Yellow Line trains will operate between Huntington and Mt Vernon Sq from 6 a.m. until 9 a.m.; and additional Blue Line trains will operate between Franconia-Springfield and Stadium-Armory from 6 a.m. until 9 a.m. and from 11:15 a.m. until 4:15 p.m.
- The closest Metrorail stations for the start of the MCM 10K on the National Mall are Archives and L’Enfant Plaza.
Pentagon Bus Terminal – Due to the event, all Metrobus service that normally operates to/from the Pentagon will be diverted to Pentagon City on Saturday, October 26, until 2:00 p.m. to accommodate the MCM Kids Run and until 4:00 p.m. Sunday. Additional staff will be on hand at Pentagon City Station to assist bus customers.
Rosslyn Bus Terminal – All Metrobus service will be relocated from the Rosslyn Bus Terminal to Oak Street from 4 a.m. until approximately 6 p.m. to accommodate the MCM Finish Festival.
World Series – Washington
During World Series home games, Metro will “flex” its operating hours by committing to customers attending the games that trains will continue running and Navy Yard-Ballpark Station will remain open for 20 minutes after the end of the game. Any customer in line to enter Navy Yard-Ballpark Station by that time will be accommodated.
When Metrorail service is extended beyond normal closing time, Navy Yard-Ballpark Station will be the only station where customers can enter the system. All other stations will be open for “exit only.”
Click here for more information!
World Series – Baltimore
- Passengers traveling to Games 3, 4, and 5 (if needed) can ride regularly-scheduled southbound service to Washington, D.C.
- The last scheduled northbound train will depart Washington on-time (10:55 p.m. Friday, 10:45 p.m. Saturday and 7:40 p.m. Sunday.)
- The World Series Special trains will depart for Union Station in Washington one hour after the last out is made for Games 3, 4, and 5.
- If there is a Game 5 Sunday that goes extremely late, the Special train will leave Washington no later than 3 a.m. to ensure train availability for the Monday morning rush-hour service.
- If the World Series ends in either games 4 or 5, the Special train will depart Washington one hour after the end of the trophy presentation ceremony.
Click here for more information!
You Ride. We Guide.
Want to shape the future of urban mobility while having fun with your friends and exploring your city?
Easy enough! You can go to the ‘more’ menu in the top corner of your Moovit home screen and tap on ‘Host Moovit Events’ to learn more, or you can click this handy link!