Metra is making a variety of changes to its fare structure, prices, and purchase channels effective Feb. 1. Here are the highlights, with details about all the changes below.
- There is a new fare structure with a variety of new fare prices, products, and rules. Fares under the new structure are set at or below pre-pandemic levels.
- Metra closed its remaining ticket windows at outlying stations on the BNSF Line on Jan. 8 and will close them on all other lines, including at downtown stations, on Feb. 1. Vending machines have been installed at the busiest stations.
- For the February Monthly Passes only, Monthly Passes will not be available for sale until Feb. 1.
- The 10-Ride Ticket will no longer be available for purchase after Jan. 31.
- The Fair Transit South Cook pilot is ending on the Metra Electric and Rock Island lines on Jan. 31; it is being replaced with the Access Pilot Program, which allow reduced fares for low-income riders on all lines.