Moovit & Earth Day 2018
Use Moovit to navigate the city this weekend
Go Green Trip Plans
- Plan a trip to any of the Car Free & Earth Day festivities on Citi Bike, on your personal bikes, or by walking
- Moovit can accommodate a variety of needs- plan a trip on public transit + bikes or walking to get somewhere far away
- Check Service Alerts for changes to your normal routes
NYC DOT’s Car-free Streets Day
The day before Earth Day, on Saturday April 21st, 30 blocks of Broadway will be closed to vehicular traffic, from Times Square to Union Square, from 9am to 3pm. This third annual Car Free Day aims to promote sustainability and protecting the environment by promoting walking and eco-friendly modes of transportation, like cycling and mass transit.
- Citi Bike will be offering free day passes for their bikes and the Department of Transportation will host a slew of free events along the route
- Times Square (42nd Street and Broadway)
- Herald Square (34th Street and Broadway)
- Garment (39th Street and Broadway)
- Flatiron (23rd Street and Broadway)
- Union Square (17th Street and Broadway)
9 blocks uptown will close, on St. Nicholas Avenue from 181st Street to 190th Street. Performances and educational programming from 10 am and 4 pm.
Across the East River, the Downtown Brooklyn Partnership will launch their Downtown Brooklyn Presents event series at Albee Square and Albee Square West from 1-5pm.
- This includes performances from Bash the Trash, who use recycled products as instruments, along with a parade and lots of kid-friendly activities.
On Earth Day
At Earth Day Initiative’s awesome block party in Union Square, you can learn about environmental campaigns while trying eco-friendly products and listening to local bands. Do your part by bringing any used clothing and electronics for the Department of Sanitation to repurpose. And if you’re feeling peckish, snack on samples of healthy sustainable grub from loads of vendors.
Earth Day $1 Sale
Feeling thrifty? On April 21 at Buffalo Exchange everything is $1 apiece! In honor of Earth Day, the brand is basically giving away a large selection of clothing, accessories and jewels for a buck each. All the proceeds will be donated to charity.
- Buffalo Exchange stores can be found at various locations in the city.
Whatever your plans are, enjoy your weekend, and leave the details to us. You ride, we guide.