This Saturday, Muni is adjusting service.
Here is what you can expect:
- Increased frequency on the following routes to address crowdedness, especially during the morning commute & school time travel:
- 24 Divisadero
- 29 Sunset
- 38R Geary Rapid
- 44 O’Shaughnessy
- 48 Quintara-24th Street
- 49 Van Ness/Mission
- To increase frequency on the above routes, Muni is decreasing frequency on the following routes:
- 5 Fulton and 5 Fulton Rapid with combined local and rapid frequency will change from every 4.5 minutes to every six minutes. The 5 Fulton will also change from every nine minutes to every 10 minutes on weekends.
- 9 San Bruno with combined local and rapid frequency will change from every 5.5 minutes to every six minutes.
- 33 Ashbury/18th Street frequency will change from every 15 minutes to every 20 minutes.
- New connections are being added for route 15 Bayview Hunters Point Express to serve the community better.
- Hudson Avenue and Cashmere Street will have new stops for both inbound and outbound trips. We’ve heard from residents in Hunters Point that the 15 Bayview Hunters Point Express fills a unique need, but existing stops are spaced far apart.
- Near the 4th and King Caltrain Station, new stops are being added at 3rd and Brannan streets (inbound) and 4th and Berry streets (outbound) to create a new connection for riders looking to transfer between Muni and Caltrain. As part of this change, the stop nearby at 4th & King streets served by the T Third bus and 91 Third Street bus will be relocated a half-block south to help with congestion at the 4th and King streets intersection.
- Additionally, weekday frequency will be every 12 minutes instead of every 10 minutes.
- Additional stop changes are as follows:
- As part of the 16th Street Improvement Project, the 22 Fillmore stop at 16th and Dolores streets will move from the nearside of the intersection to the far side. This move will be made in both directions to improve reliability and travel times. Existing shelters will be relocated to the new stop locations.
- The 58 Lake Merced stop at Sunset Boulevard and Lake Merced Boulevard will be removed in both directions to improve reliability and travel time. This low-ridership stop has poor connectivity to nearby streets and is just a two-minute walk or roll (less than 500 feet) from stops at Sunset Boulevard and Ocean Avenue, which are wheelchair accessible and include seating.
You Ride, We Guide,
The USA Moovit Team